TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

TurboCAD 16 Pro won't start
Read 5094 times
* July 30, 2010, 06:44:27 AM
I've been using Turbo CAD pro for a while now. Sel;ected the short cut icon and then received the message
Windows cannot access the specified, path or file...... went to the folder and tried starting from there, no luck.

Did an uninstall, re-installed, same problem.

It really is frustrating as I need to get in and use it. Never had a problem before

Help!

* August 14, 2010, 12:19:33 PM
I have a similar problem with TC16Pro.  I get a message that " a problem caused the program to stop working correctly".  I tried to "repair" with the CD, but it did no good.  A screen shot is attached.  How do I get back to work with TC16Pro?

* August 14, 2010, 05:21:36 PM
I have a similar problem with TC16Pro.  I get a message that " a problem caused the program to stop working correctly".  I tried to "repair" with the CD, but it did no good.  A screen shot is attached.  How do I get back to work with TC16Pro?

What windows are you using?

When it all went sad .... was any of the below done prior to the error?

Did you upgrade anything ?
Did you change windows Operating system (IE .... XP to Vista .... or upgrade to W7)
Did you update anything .... (Windows updates)
Did you go from 32 bit   to   64bit system
Did you use a registry repair tool?

Cheers
Mike

* August 15, 2010, 09:09:47 AM
There have been occasional problems in the past where the History file, material files etc has become corrupt stopping TC from opening, - if your getting to the stage of re-installing, (or if you did and it didn't work) then what you could try is

delete the history and other files in the application data folder, in XP I think you go through C: docs and setting / username / application data, and burrow down from there,  with windows7 its C: user / application  data / roaming etc. note you will obviously have to enable 'show hidden files' in order to see the app data folder, and you will loose all your custom stuff.

note - I have done this in the past and TC automatically re-creates the files with default values but I  haven't needed to try in with windows7 yet - so no guarantees, but worth a try if getting to the stage of reinstalling TC.

Andy

* August 15, 2010, 09:41:14 AM
In a previous thread, it was stated that TC is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Windoze 7.

August 15, 2010, 09:52:05 AM
In a previous thread, it was stated that TC is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Windoze 7.

Didn't that turn out to not be true?

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* August 15, 2010, 09:55:40 AM

I have TC v16 and V17 on windows7 64 bit and both run them without problems, (well except TC runs out of memory when rendering because it still renders in 32 bit)

Andy
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:58:05 AM by Andy H »

* August 15, 2010, 02:39:47 PM
re: Mike90RR:
What windows are you using?

When it all went sad .... was any of the below done prior to the error?

Did you upgrade anything ?
Did you change windows Operating system (IE .... XP to Vista .... or upgrade to W7)
Did you update anything .... (Windows updates)
Did you go from 32 bit   to   64bit system
Did you use a registry repair tool?

Cheers
Mike

I am running Vista 32 bit with all the updates.  Vista updates automatically every 2 weeks or do it seems.  I have not used a registry repair tool (as far as I know -  I might have done so unintentionally I suppose)

* August 15, 2010, 03:15:34 PM
There have been occasional problems in the past where the History file, material files etc has become corrupt stopping TC from opening, - if your getting to the stage of re-installing, (or if you did and it didn't work) then what you could try is

delete the history and other files in the application data folder, in XP I think you go through C: docs and setting / username / application data, and burrow down from there,  with windows7 its C: user / application  data / roaming etc. note you will obviously have to enable 'show hidden files' in order to see the app data folder, and you will loose all your custom stuff.

note - I have done this in the past and TC automatically re-creates the files with default values but I  haven't needed to try in with windows7 yet - so no guarantees, but worth a try if getting to the stage of reinstalling TC.

Andy

I deleted all the files in the apps folders (left the folders themselves) after I uninstalled and re-installed tc16pro.  still no joy.

August 15, 2010, 03:20:17 PM

Andy

I deleted all the files in the apps folders (left the folders themselves) after I uninstalled and re-installed tc16pro.  still no joy.

Any chance you didn't check " run as an administrator" in vista?

Alan H.

* August 15, 2010, 04:57:58 PM

Andy

Alan H.

Hhmmmm...really good chance of that.  How do I go about that?  I don't recall being offered the option.

August 16, 2010, 12:41:13 AM

[/quote]
Alan H.
[/quote]
Hhmmmm...really good chance of that.  How do I go about that?  I don't recall being offered the option.
[/quote]

Right-click the desktop icon and choose  "Run as Administrator"

Alan H.

* August 18, 2010, 07:22:19 AM
Might try turning off "User Account Control", or changing folder security settings and see if it starts then - Vista can block some software and their folders, such as PdfCreator software.  Maybe also check security software settings that might be blocking it.

Was the drawing file you are trying to open created in a prior version of TC?

Duncan