TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Problem editing Spline
Read 1371 times
August 17, 2010, 11:43:38 AM
Well, at least I remember it being a spline.

I used it for a Rail Sweep to make a lanyard.  I tried editing the control points to fit it to a new case by selecting a view (World, Left, etc.) and dragging them to the desired location.

The problem is that the location of the control point moves thousands of units away along the axis perpendicular to the view I am using.

This never happened before.  How do I stop it from happening now?

I have attached a Before and After example of what is happening.

[EDIT] By the way, I tried locking Z when I was only moving in X & Y.  Didn't help.  [EDIT OFF]

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:51:35 AM by Jeffin90620 »

TC Pro Platinum 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* August 17, 2010, 12:01:50 PM
Well, at least I remember it being a spline.

I used it for a Rail Sweep to make a lanyard.  I tried editing the control points to fit it to a new case by selecting a view (World, Left, etc.) and dragging them to the desired location.

The problem is that the location of the control point moves thousands of units away along the axis perpendicular to the view I am using.

This never happened before.  How do I stop it from happening now?

I have attached a Before and After example of what is happening.

[EDIT] By the way, I tried locking Z when I was only moving in X & Y.  Didn't help.  [EDIT OFF]

Jeff

I think you should have locked X when editing.

Henry H