TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

bending
Read 3272 times
* June 18, 2009, 02:38:17 PM
I have a circular plate with a boss in the centre and various notches in the outer rim. I wish to bend a section of the rim along a line passing through the centre of the plate.  NOT ALLOWED!
Any suggestions. You can see the tab I wish to bend on the attached model. I have TCPro15 with both Arch' and Mech' addons. ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

June 18, 2009, 03:08:34 PM
TurboCAD is trying to bend the entire object and cant.  You may want to split off the piece you are trying to bend.  Bend it then add them back together. 

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* June 19, 2009, 12:57:44 AM
Thanks I will split off the edge bend it and add it back. HP Solid Designer that I used to use when working had a stamp routine that allowed you to shear or partially shear through a plate either at the normal to the surface or some angle to create tabs and bosses.

* June 19, 2009, 02:10:00 AM
It bends for me.

There are three icons on the bend tool to dictate where the bend is placed relative to the line, one works. :-)

Regards,

Paul.

* June 19, 2009, 10:16:19 AM
Paul is correct. After enabling the Bend tool, DEselect "Left Side" and select "Start" in the Inspector Bar.

Henry H

[attachment deleted by admin]

* June 19, 2009, 12:48:20 PM
OK PauL and Henry now I am frustrated. It works for you, but when I follow Pauls instructions I get to the bit where it asks me to select a line, I select the line, it does nothing except ask me to select the line again and again and again. I have the work plain set to the face and the line is definitely on the face it selects OK but then nothing. :(
AHHA  :) I had one last go before submitting this and guess what I turned off the construction so that the line pick was direct rather than through the little selection window where I had to decided between the construction line or the solid line and it WORKED!!!