TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

the designs are almost final . . .
Read 2225 times
May 18, 2010, 10:59:51 PM
 . . . and we're going into last client review.  I really like the results of renderscene environment lighting, but it takes soooo long (5-6 hours), or even just for a thumbnail preview (90 minutes) to see if the textures are right.  I've got the "good lighting" one baking overnight, but I needed something for the client now, so I tried this setup - a ceiling that's a luminaire, with two smaller luminaires flanking the camera, all using simple sky shaders.  Not bad.  Took under 2 hours to render 2Kx3K, about 20 minutes for a thumbnail.  Had to do considerable post work though . . I added the small monitor images in pshop.  The renderscene lighting gives much more refined textures.  I'll post that one when it cools.  ;D

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

May 20, 2010, 11:00:08 AM
Awesome, I hope the client review goes well. I like the idea of showing multiple design views in the monitors. I look forward to seeing the final version.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

May 20, 2010, 01:29:40 PM
Arghh, it's only a 1750K file, but it hangs up 1/4 of the way through, so I don't have the render scene luminance version yet !  Guess I'll go in and delete everything you can't see . . .  :-\.  Thanks for the "awesome" Brad !  I'm pretty happy with this one.  Now if only the renderer would work all the time !
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* May 21, 2010, 05:53:33 PM
Looking good Steve!
It is always interesting to see real world projects. I am just curious have you tried working with this project as a 3ds file only for your renderings. I was having similar memory problems but now I use a separate program for rendering and TC for modeling and I have not had the same problems. What I do is create the models as separate drawings  and them import them into the larger rendered scene. It may be that with the size of your projects this might be an option to explore. Good luck with the final.

Best,

Steve

May 26, 2010, 11:47:42 PM
Been out of town.  Ya know, I do usually model the consoles individually.  When you say work with it as a 3ds file, since I don't have 3DStudio, do you mean output 3ds files to use Thea ?  The stuff on their website is jaw-dropping good.

Funny, I bought TCAD for the render engine, and too soon found out it's limitations.  For control room projects, there's usually a lot of stuff in there, so assembled files tend to be big.  Can't put in too many chairs, and forget about equipment in the racks.  Might have to spring for Thea sometime when budgets allow.  Right now, upgrading laptop, and soon rendering computer.  Anxious to try Brad's softlight download.

Steve

* June 01, 2010, 01:20:37 PM
lovely design, hope you manage to solve your rendering problems.

Andy