TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

more wall problems
Read 1602 times
* May 28, 2010, 01:08:06 PM
well drawing all day,  things starting to come together, then this.  my wall tools starts putting spaces and doing strange things.  Pretty simple shape to make.  distance tab angle tab.  this is the mess I  get.  I fixed some problems by closing the drawing and reopening it, but this issue does not seem to go away.  the stuff I do is so basic and yet this program can't handle it.  Don't ever try to fix the bugs, just add more materials or ways to show of useless pictures.

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core

May 28, 2010, 03:28:37 PM
well drawing all day,  things starting to come together, then this.  my wall tools starts putting spaces and doing strange things.  

Are you saying when your inserting walls they immediately have spaces?  Or you did something after the walls were inserted and then the gaps appeared?  Maybe you can post an example and/or give more details.  I feel your frustration....

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* May 28, 2010, 04:05:25 PM
no as soon as I start drawing they make spaces.  that long back wall looks not to bad but seem to get worse as I was going around.  i can attach the file that is buggin me.  I ended up coping the good stuff to a new file and there the wall seems to work again for now.

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* May 28, 2010, 08:36:19 PM
Your "original layout" layer (that was turned off) was overlapping your "Walls" layer. TurboCAD doesn't allow walls like this. It thinks they all belong together, even though they're on different layers and turned off. Create you "Walls" layer objects away from the "original layout" objects, or on a different workplane above/below the "original layout'.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 29, 2010, 06:52:01 AM
ok I see now what was going on.  I knew I  could not put different floors on top of one another but that I cannot have them lined up is new to me.  If this forum was not here I would scrap this program for a cute toy.

I guess the idea of drawing a house plan with wall heights and different floors and then having it look like a  house in the end is not really possible.  you need to still draw the house views either in 3d or 2d but separate as well. 

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* May 29, 2010, 08:30:29 AM
Actually I don't see what happened. that file has to be corrupt.  I copied the good walls from that drawing to a new one and then did the same thing with more walls just above and have had no issues as of yet.  I  know you cannot put wall on top of walls stacking but that was not what was happening in this drawing,  everything was on the world plane or supposed to be,  I did the place on workplane deal as well

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* May 29, 2010, 11:47:48 AM
Yes, the drawing seems a bit squirrelly. You can place walls atop each other, but as I mentioned above, they have to be on different workplanes or Z heights; normally whatever the actual height of the wall would be. Once the wall or its components (door, window) goes above its height and into the other wall, you get interference problems (X's in walls, etc).

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit