TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

wall when rubber stamped or copied
Read 1072 times
* May 27, 2010, 07:18:24 PM
should it be normal for all your doors and windows to disconect from the wall when you use the rubberstamp tool.  I am drawing a 4plex,  all the floors are the same.  be pretty cool if I could draw one floor and copy the others.  only difference will be the joining shared walls will be narrower to allow for the all suits to use up only 25ft.  I must have received 6 different emails asking me to purchase ver 17.  I didn't this time,  I don't use the 3d stuff hardly at all.   For a program they claim is worth well over a 1000 dollars this wall tool gives more grief then it should.  As well as the stairs tool that cannot make a winder properly so it should not have even been added to the list.  I would bet that this stuff is no different in 17.   

I don't use this program often, but it sure is fustrating when I do want to use it and simple things,   seem simple to me anyway don't work.  I have seen some super drawings from users, but simple 2d stuff this program suffers bad

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core

* May 27, 2010, 08:14:00 PM
I gave it a try Reg.

8 Walls, 4 Windows, 2 Doors.
I selected all and moved the Reference Point to a bottom corner.
After Rubber Stamping 4 stories, the Doors-n-Windows above the main floor were disconnected.
After using Make Copy, the Doors-n-Windows were connected on all floors.

At least one method seems to work in V17.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 28, 2010, 07:19:31 AM
Thanks again John.  I played with make a copy and that does seem to work.  Seems I spend more time relearning stuff then actually drawing.  Need to either quit or do it more I guess

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core