TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Extruding a circle
Read 1761 times
* June 15, 2010, 05:23:21 PM
Is there a way to extrude a circle or an arc smoothly, instead of a series of chunky straight lines. I have only been able to do it by tracing over the circle or arc with a polyline and using "nearest" snap key to place nodes along the line at closer intervals to make the extrude smoother. The only problem comes when I need to do this several times on the same arc, I wind up with really messy finished curve. Is there a better way?
  Myron  TC16.2Pro

* June 15, 2010, 06:14:24 PM
Is there a way to extrude a circle or an arc smoothly, instead of a series of chunky straight lines. I have only been able to do it by tracing over the circle or arc with a polyline and using "nearest" snap key to place nodes along the line at closer intervals to make the extrude smoother. The only problem comes when I need to do this several times on the same arc, I wind up with really messy finished curve. Is there a better way?
  Myron  TC16.2Pro

A couple of things to try, select ACIS form the options menu 'Uncheck Degenerative Faceting, in Faceter Mode select Quality. Those changes will improve the smoothness of the circle.

Don

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum
2020 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* June 15, 2010, 06:29:42 PM
With regards to a circle extrude select the cylinder and right click and in the Properties dialog then click 3d make sure your not in the TC Surface selection that choice will make your cylinder with facets if the setting are not set accordingly
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:51:47 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison