TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Needed - Real World Machine Design users of TurboCAD
Read 1288 times
* April 20, 2010, 11:03:19 AM
IMSI has an industry magizine interested in doing an artical on TurbCAD  (preferably v17) and how users are designing mechanical parts or machines or machine components with TurboCAD.   If you are one of those users and would like to help promote TC and most likely your own company please email ASAP. 

April 20, 2010, 08:02:59 PM
What are you proposing Dave? I don't think you'll be able to use many real drawings as samples due to confidential nature of most production drawings, risk of breaching intellectual rights, etc
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:47:22 AM by Julian Thomas »

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

* April 22, 2010, 07:58:06 AM
Dave,

We manufacture cap sorting and feeding equipment for the packaging industry.  All the equipment displayed at our website, www.capfeeder.com, was designed with TurboCad.  I haven't gotten V17 yet, but I am considering it and feel I TurboCad has been a very good value for my company. It allows us to work well with many different CAD software packages, bridging the gap between 2D AutoCad and 3D Solidworks.

I think I could make a pretty good case for the advantages of TurboCad for mechanical design, and I promise not to mention the status of the sheet metal tools (hint, hint).

Sincerely,

JoeM

April 22, 2010, 10:59:13 AM
I also use TurboCAD/CAM in the packaging industry. Everything from simple machine design & tooling up liquid filling equipment , capping equipment, & labeling equipment. I use the CAM plug-in to build bottle handling parts for Pneumatic Scale fillers & cappers, Pacific Fillers, Ronchii cappers, just to name a few.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||