TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

need 2 x 4 flouescent light fixture
Read 1309 times
* April 22, 2010, 08:25:22 AM
I'm trying to render a room that has a 2 x 4 grid ceiling with 2 x 4 flourescent lighting.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to a component or tutorial that would show how to specify 4' flourescent lights so that the scene will render correctly. I've tried drawing the fixture as a box with an open bottom using down pointing spot lights.  Didn't light the room properly.  When I'm finished with the drawing I want the viewpoint to be at eye level looking in a door on one wall so I'll be seeing the bottom of the lights.  Thanks.

* April 22, 2010, 09:40:03 AM
Consider using Luminance-type lights; specifically, something from the existing "Fluoresc Architec AV" Category, modified if necessary. I can't offer much in the way of specific suggestions, except to recommend that you use "Constant" Fall Off, at least until you gain some confidence with this kind of illumination. Before changing any of the existing parameters in the Luminance Editor, create a new Luminance (which by default will inherit all the properties of whichever one is currently displayed in the Editor) and then make whatever changes you want.

Henry H