TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Vee Coffee Table
Read 6374 times
* April 13, 2010, 02:15:51 PM
Here is a new coffee table design for the site. I enabled caustics in Thea which made for some nice light play off the glass apples. The apples lamps and couch all models from flyingarchitecture.com.
I am wondering if TC is planning on adding NURBS objects any time soon it would be a huge plus. I have been using Blender lately to play more with NURBS models. There are some organic objects that can just not be created properly with out them. However for architectural, mechanical, and furniture TC is tops.

April 13, 2010, 03:17:40 PM
Here is a new coffee table design for the site. I enabled caustics in Thea which made for some nice light play off the glass apples. The apples lamps and couch all models from flyingarchitecture.com.
I am wondering if TC is planning on adding NURBS objects any time soon it would be a huge plus. I have been using Blender lately to play more with NURBS models. There are some organic objects that can just not be created properly with out them. However for architectural, mechanical, and furniture TC is tops.

Fantastic scene. Caustics is a great technique in the rendering and also hope that it will be added to the TC  ;D ;D ;D . Similarly, NURBS modeling for irregular shapes. It is true that sometimes this can be partially replaced by lofting. Congratulations, very nice work and design.

I would welcome such news as plug ins. Not everyone needs such instruments.

Majo
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:23:05 PM by Majo »

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

* April 13, 2010, 03:47:38 PM

That's just gorgeous.

TCad has pretended to offer NURBS for quite some time now, in the guise of "Pressure load" and "Deform to point." Despite many attempts, I have never been able to control either of these tools well enough to do anything useful.

Henry H

April 13, 2010, 03:59:32 PM

That's just gorgeous.

TCad has pretended to offer NURBS for quite some time now, in the guise of "Pressure load" and "Deform to point." Despite many attempts, I have never been able to control either of these tools well enough to do anything useful.

Henry H

Looks great Steve, & I could not agree with you more Henry.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* April 13, 2010, 06:19:30 PM
Thanks so much Majo,Henry and Kmartin! I have wanted to ask you kmartin how you use cnc in your work. Please tell me a bit more as it is something I have thought about a lot over the years.
Again back to NURBS knowing nothing about programing how difficult would it be for TC to move in this direction. One of the things TC has going for it is the ability to be very accurate for shop drawings and technical layouts, most modeling programs are very loose with specific measurements relying rather on arbitrary scale but are great for sculpting. If TC were able to bring some of that into the programing it would be amazing! 

* April 14, 2010, 08:58:01 AM
I know you are a furniture maker by trade, but you are really becoming a talented rendering artist. Nice work!

Minor crit...the left side of the table appears to be floating

* April 14, 2010, 03:59:56 PM
Thank you very much Richard, I have learned so much from the generosity of everyone on the forum.
It is true about the shadow under the table. I can not yet figure out how to get that shadow to behave. I have been playing with the irradiance catch and final gather samples. Hope to have it figured out soon.

April 14, 2010, 10:21:21 PM
Very cool rendering Steve. It's a joy to see your work. The caustics really are a nice touch. I have faked caustics in TC using a projector luminance or an area luminance, but I would love to see the real thing added to TC.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* April 15, 2010, 05:56:22 AM
Very cool rendering Steve. It's a joy to see your work. The caustics really are a nice touch. I have faked caustics in TC using a projector luminance or an area luminance, but I would love to see the real thing added to TC.

Thanks so much Brad, I feel the same way about your work.
The great thing about caustics is that you never know what you are going to get, so it is always a happy surprise. I may have to fill a room with prisms and see what happens ;D

April 15, 2010, 09:30:35 PM
Wow, that is fantastic!  It's a stop-me-in-my tracks rendering, besides the sleek design. 
Thea have file-size limitations ?
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* April 16, 2010, 08:54:24 PM
Wow, that is fantastic!  It's a stop-me-in-my tracks rendering, besides the sleek design. 
Thea have file-size limitations ?
Steve

Thanks so much Steve!
So far I have not run into a problem with file size. You can load other objects separately into the same scene. I have combined several TC files into this one room scene and it has behaved. These were big files.

April 17, 2010, 07:39:25 AM
Great looking image Steve.

I would sure like to be able to create some nice interior scenes but I just can't get the hang of it and I never have time to wait more than a few minutes for a render.

* April 17, 2010, 08:36:59 AM
Don your work is amazing so I am sure it is something you could do very well. Render times are problematic patience is definitely required.
This one took 24hrs to fully cook. I am using a tilt-shift feature in Thea that straitens out the verticals
(eliminates parallax distortion). This is how most architectural photography is done. I left just a slight perspective in but it could be completely strait.

Steve

* April 17, 2010, 03:02:02 PM
Don your work is amazing so I am sure it is something you could do very well. Render times are problematic patience is definitely required.
This one took 24hrs to fully cook. I am using a tilt-shift feature in Thea that straitens out the verticals
(eliminates parallax distortion). This is how most architectural photography is done. I left just a slight perspective in but it could be completely strait.

Steve

Great render Here Steve, love the realistic effects on the  glasswork also.

* April 18, 2010, 05:33:28 AM

Steve

fantastic rendering Steve.