TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

sideboard
Read 3345 times
* March 27, 2010, 06:12:10 PM
Another one modeled in tc rendered in Thea. I have been exploring all of the modeling software out there and have come to the conclusion that TC provides the best all around modeling flexibility. The only thing that it is lacking is true nurb modeling capability. If they could include some of the features of Moi for free form shapes it would be amazing. Are there any tricks you all have found to modeling organic shapes such as drapes and plant life in TC?

* March 27, 2010, 07:52:46 PM
Another one modeled in tc rendered in Thea. I have been exploring all of the modeling software out there and have come to the conclusion that TC provides the best all around modeling flexibility. The only thing that it is lacking is true nurb modeling capability. If they could include some of the features of Moi for free form shapes it would be amazing. Are there any tricks you all have found to modeling organic shapes such as drapes and plant life in TC?

Great render and lighting Steve.

d

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

March 27, 2010, 07:58:44 PM
Great scene Steve. How are you coming with the Thea software? Love your work man. Keep up the good work.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* March 27, 2010, 08:46:21 PM
Thanks Don
Thanks Kmartin, Progressing nicely with the Thea It's a different approach but very logical once you get your head around it. The major difference is that the render settings are pretty well set up out of the gate, so once you have your lighting worked out there is not too much work to do. Not that it can't be done in TC it's just that with TC you have to have a much deeper grasp of how all the settings( in advance render mode) affect the outcome of the render.

Steve

March 27, 2010, 09:12:42 PM
I recently downloaded Thea also. I have not tried it out as of yet, but I will soon.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

March 27, 2010, 09:59:43 PM

March 28, 2010, 11:57:57 AM
That's very nice render Steve. I agree that better NURBS support in TC would be pretty sweet. The existing tools are helpful but cumbersome. I've been working on a Les Paul guitar model and the top of the body has been difficult to create accurately due to it's fairly organic shape. Deform to Point has been the most helpful albeit tedious.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

March 28, 2010, 12:20:08 PM
Very nice rendering Steve, what time rendering this picture?

Majo

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

* March 28, 2010, 05:26:30 PM
Thanks Don, Brad and Majo,
Majo This one only took around 40 min. It would be more like six hours if it were un bias. It was rendered strictly final gather with only gps sun setting for lighting the scene. Kmartin let me know when you give Thea a try.
Brad I think the only thing that makes sence is to have dedicated software say Moi or Rhino for organic nurbs stuff and TC for the rest. As well many nurb programs use a floating dimension set up meaning that you can not make your model to an exact measurement. You have to scale the model when you import it to TC.The only hang up is getting these programs to talk smoothly to each other. It is a shame that there are so many file options.