TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

re: rotate a pasted picture
Read 2027 times
* March 11, 2010, 10:49:24 AM
Attached is a plate, and a pasted picture.  I want to rotate the picture, resize, and relocate it to the 3D plate, which I will then group, and rotate & relocate to a larger assembly.  The picture will not rotate.  Nor can I assemble by points to the plate.   Can you help me? Thank you. Roger

[attachment deleted by admin]

March 11, 2010, 11:06:13 AM
I DL'd your file, and could rotate the outline of your picture, but the picture itself would not show -- except in a preview mode when I tried to save the file.

Rotates for me.  Why is this file so large?  Try creating a new drawing with just those 2 items in it.

CAUTION:  DL-ing your file blew away my unsaved file I was working on!
UPDATE:  MY MISTAKE!!!!  No info was lost -- another copy of TV loaded, sorry!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:07:43 PM by t.karlmann@comcast.net »

* March 11, 2010, 11:39:07 AM
In this case, I think you might be better off wrapping the Image to the part as a custom Material. While it won't show in Wireframe, but it will during a Draft/Quality render. It also won't blow up the file size due to embeddding the image.

You could also rotate the image in an image editor (MS Paint, etc), save it under a new name, then insert this rotated image.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* March 11, 2010, 12:41:07 PM
Thanks all for suggestions.  What I just did that appears successful was to import picture (insert/picture/from image list), then cropped it (tools/rasterimage/clip).  Then I was able to move around and attach to my 3D object, and join as a group, then rotate and move some more.  Roger