TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Draw Circle of Specific Size Circumference Through 2 Points
Read 244 times
* May 05, 2020, 11:20:36 AM
I am trying to draw a circle of a specific size whose circumference travels through 2 defined points. The only thing I have found is a circle whose circumference travels through 2 points and the diameter is determined by the distance between the points.

May 05, 2020, 11:42:59 AM
I am trying to draw a circle of a specific size whose circumference travels through 2 defined points. The only thing I have found is a circle whose circumference travels through 2 points and the diameter is determined by the distance between the points.

Hi Ranger_Rick,

this question is probably better asked under the Problems section of the forum. 
I'm sure someone will answer you, but it might be spotted faster under that heading.

Good luck!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro (1909) 64-bit

May 05, 2020, 12:28:55 PM
If you have Platinum version you will find Circle Tan to Entities tool. Just turn on the Through Point option for the first two points and then define the radius/diameter.

* May 05, 2020, 02:16:56 PM
If you have Platinum version you will find Circle Tan to Entities tool. Just turn on the Through Point option for the first two points and then define the radius/diameter.

"…Circle/Ellipse / Tangent to Entities" is found in all editions.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

May 05, 2020, 05:36:58 PM

I often do it the old-fashioned way.  Because I forget all the myriad of Tools that TurboCAD has.

I:
>Insert 2 Construction Circles, initially snapping their center-points at what you termed "[the] 2 defined points".  Those Construction Circles having the radius of what I want my eventual "specific size" Circle to be.
>Insert the desired Circle, Intersection_Snapping its center--point to the intersection of those two Construction Circles; then Center-Snapping to one of those Construction Circles.

Note:  The above does not necessarily result in tangency; you did not specify that tangency was a requirement.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* May 06, 2020, 12:20:09 AM
That is how I have always approached this problem too Alvin. Unless I want the circle to be tangent to 2 entities  but then I wouldn't know the radius

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* May 06, 2020, 03:26:28 AM
Thanks all. Alvin, goes to show when you have a problem go back to your basic geometry.