TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Nested group
Read 505 times
* March 21, 2020, 06:57:09 AM
In the AL samples folder is a gif animation called Fantazi. This doesn't have a tcw file. So, I knocked up this little simplified example using nested group. it was then animated using stereo Red/Cyan.

I saved the animated Gif at 640 x 480, which is larger than a normal Gif. This made the animation too big to post on the forum. The animation is posted on this page. it is over 7Mb, so may take a little time to load properly into the browser for smooth motion.

The TCW files are on the same page, BUT note. My TC 2017 deluxe is not working properly with AnimationLab. so I cannot guarantee the deluxe version of the file will work. The files are supplied without materials  The text in the files can be turned off using layer = read_me.

For the nested group. I started from the smallest ring, made actor. selected this and the next smallest ring, create group, make actor.  and work outwards, creating groups and actors along the way. It could have been done using AttachToGroup commands. But I prefer to manually create the groups.

Hope everyone is Covid-19 free
Andy
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:08:45 AM by Andy H »

March 21, 2020, 09:47:24 AM
In the AL samples folder is a gif animation called Fantazi. This doesn't have a tcw file. So, I knocked up this little simplified example using nested group. it was then animated using stereo Red/Cyan.

I saved the animated Gif at 640 x 480, which is larger than a normal Gif. This made the animation too big to post on the forum. The animation is posted on this page. it is over 7Mb, so may take a little time to load properly into the browser for smooth motion.

The TCW files are on the same page, BUT note. My TC 2017 deluxe is not working properly with AnimationLab. so I cannot guarantee the deluxe version of the file will work. The files are supplied without materials  The text in the files can be turned off using layer = read_me.

For the nested group. I started from the smallest ring, made actor. selected this and the next smallest ring, create group, make actor.  and work outwards, creating groups and actors along the way. It could have been done using AttachToGroup commands. But I prefer to manually create the groups.

Hope everyone is Covid-19 free
Andy

Andy,

yes, we in the north appear to be relatively unaffected.
Let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the post.
New glasses just arrived, wohoo!   ;D
I will take a look at the files tomorrow.

All the best.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro (1909) 64-bit

March 21, 2020, 09:52:03 AM
I'm currently getting:

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

when attempting to download.
I'll have another go later.

Regards Tim

Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

March 21, 2020, 01:22:45 PM
Andy that looks really cool and Im wondering what the animation is going to look like. If/when the error that Tim reports is fixed Im keen to check it out.  :D

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2020 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

* March 21, 2020, 01:31:49 PM
Darryl you can see the Animation on Andy's page, only the files get the 404 warning, if you not have checked it out already.
It's cool, but i get dizzy from watching it :)

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* March 21, 2020, 04:08:29 PM
My apologies.  I mistakenly uploaded the tcw file instead of zip files. unfortunately the server doesn't recognise tcw.

Now uploaded correct zip files, and I checked they download OK. If the page is browser cached, it may need refreshing.

March 21, 2020, 06:40:13 PM
Andy if you have the time can you please post the zip files to the forum, my malwarebytes virus checker wont let me download the zip files, even after I click that I want to continue.

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2020 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

* March 22, 2020, 02:52:25 AM
Andy if you have the time can you please post the zip files to the forum, my malwarebytes virus checker wont let me download the zip files, even after I click that I want to continue.

Hi Darryl.

No problem. The TCW files are not very big, so attached them below. I've also included the 'Hand' one, which is another nested group animation. Note, I removed the materials because people use different renderers. And these were only meant to be an example of nested groups in AL.

March 22, 2020, 02:58:32 AM
My apologies.  I mistakenly uploaded the tcw file instead of zip files. unfortunately the server doesn't recognise tcw.

Now uploaded correct zip files, and I checked they download OK. If the page is browser cached, it may need refreshing.

All working now.   8)
Thank you.
I'll have a play later.

Regards Tim

March 22, 2020, 05:46:50 AM
Thanks Andy I will download it tomorrow as Im on my mobile now.  ;)

Daz

April 03, 2020, 11:47:07 AM
Hi Andy,

I finally got round to having a look with the glasses. 
They don't really fit over my spectacles too well, but, other than that, the effect looks very good. 
Certainly, as good as anything I have seen. 
It's a bit of a niche effect, but well worth trying.

Thanks for providing the example files.

Regards Tim