TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Suggestion: Tools/Commands Finder Feature
Read 1252 times
December 26, 2019, 06:39:02 AM
SUG:  Feature in Customize, perhaps Commands page, whereby it is indicated to the User where in their current active Workspace Configuration a Tool/Command/feature resides.

Perhaps, in that Commands page, one clicks on, for example "Mirror Copy".  There would be an option to the right "Show location in current Configuration".
A little window in that page shows something like "Modify/Copy/Mirror" and "Copy_Toolbar/Flyout/Mirror".
And/or:  In the Workspace, the Menus and Toolbars as applicable self-navigate and the Tool/Command button(s) are encased with a red outline.

Something like that...

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 26, 2019, 07:05:49 AM
Recent versions has a Search feature on the Commands page. It works best when set on the "All Commands" Category. It will highlight the commands that have "Mirror" in it. It shows what Category it resides in, but it's up to the user to figure out what the Main category is. The "Other" sub-category is a pain, as there are several sprinkled all over the place. Highlighting what Menu or visible Toolbar containing the tool would be nice, but I doubt if that happens.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

December 26, 2019, 08:46:55 AM
SolidWorks has it right on their desktop and it works great. It can also teach a user where it resides.

TurboCAD's works good too, but could always be more robust.

December 26, 2019, 10:37:58 AM
Well... If SolidWorks developers can do it, I have full confidence TurboCAD developers can as well.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)