TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Save the personnel settings like menu layout etc and which commands to display
Read 876 times
December 05, 2019, 08:18:26 AM
returning to TCAD after several years absence!
Turbocad 2019 64bit

Each time I log in I have to re locate the features set during previous session.

There are lots of other problems that I am slowly solving but being able to ask questions will help. rather than search for other folks answers to similar queries... get to those later.

Best wishes, Jim

Using TurboCAD 2019 Deluxe 64 bit since Dec 2019

Best is the enemy of good enough

Barrs Law Of Recursive Futility

If you are smart enough to use one of these...
   ,,, you can probably manage without one!

* December 05, 2019, 09:13:54 AM
After you have set it up to your like, go to Tools/ Customize >> Options >> Save in, overwrite the name that are there with one unike for you and click Save inn button, then it will show on left side in Load from.
Next time something is messed up you just go there, click on the little arrow in Load from on rigth side, Select Yours and then click on Load from
And if you do changes go back and save again, or with a New name if you want to have more than one.

You can also just move your cursor in to a free area above drawing area and rigthclick, that will take you directly to Customize.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* December 05, 2019, 08:02:14 PM
If you want to save drawing settings then save as a template and start knew drawings with that template.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

December 16, 2019, 08:40:30 AM
After you have set it up to your like, go to Tools/ Customize >> Options >> Save in, overwrite the name that are there with one unike for you and click Save inn button, then it will show on left side in Load from.
Next time something is messed up you just go there, click on the little arrow in Load from on rigth side, Select Yours and then click on Load from
And if you do changes go back and save again, or with a New name if you want to have more than one.

Thanks Torfin,  Finally got back to doing something about this.

Unfortunately, I cannot make it work, replaced a "name" in the appropriate box and pressed save in.

had several tries to find the new name, no sign of it, I found the directory where other names like cadcourse were in and new name was not there....

What do you reckon I am doing wrong?

Best wishes, Jim

December 16, 2019, 09:04:37 AM
Unfortunately, I cannot make it work, replaced a "name" in the appropriate box and pressed save in.
had several tries to find the new name, no sign of it, I found the directory where other names like cadcourse were in and new name was not there....
What do you reckon I am doing wrong?

Click in the Save In field box.  The current name should turn highlighted blue, just as a "Select All" does.  Just start typing something, such as "jim's config -1".  THEN click the Save In button.

If you do as instructed, you now have your own custom configuration.  Moving forward, any changes to your Workspace Configuration you make, you can click that Save In button, after ensuring your custom name (e.g.: "jim's config -1") is in that field box before clicking Save In.

Also in the future, if you ever find that your custom Workspace Configuration is not the currently loaded one, you can go back to that Customize/Options window/page and click the down arrow in that field box, scroll down to and click on your custom named configuration, and click the Load From button.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 09:08:33 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

December 16, 2019, 10:58:26 AM
Thanks Alvin,

Unfortunately, that is exactly what I have been doing;  I am beginning to feel that I have done something to my system installation,... especially with the number of other irregularities I encounter

Time for another TCad install maybe??

Best wishes,  Jim

December 16, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
Further too the above,,,,,

I found several files in this directory

.....Jim barr/documents/turbocad 2019x64/config/deluxe

they included the names I used for the format edit.

This suggests THAT part of process may have worked, but I still cannot recover them, My format names to NOT appear in the load from window

December 16, 2019, 11:13:35 AM
 Time for another TCad install maybe??

If it's something you enjoy doing... Sure!

But, if one of us were in the room with you, we'd probably have you straightened out on this in no time, without reinstalling.

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

December 16, 2019, 11:15:54 AM
I found several files in this directory
  .....Jim barr/documents/turbocad 2019x64/config/deluxe
they included the names I used for the format edit.
This suggests THAT part of process may have worked, but I still cannot recover them, My format names to NOT appear in the load from window

Okay.  Please share (upload/attach) screen-captures of everything you are doing to attempt to create and save your custom configuration.  Each step, including the final where you think you have proven the issue exists.

Alvin Gregorio

December 16, 2019, 12:10:20 PM
Okay.  Please share (upload/attach) screen-captures of everything you are doing to attempt to create and save your custom configuration.  Each step, including the final where you think you have proven the issue exists.

I am sure you are right, a moderate experienced user would sort this in a flash...

Re sending a screen video... I'm sure at all sure how to do that except by a series of screen grabs....

re sending the saved files of my format files, there are several extensions, do you need all or is one relevant on it's own

cheers, Jim

December 16, 2019, 12:41:58 PM
Re sending a screen video... I'm sure at all sure how to do that except by a series of screen grabs....

re sending the saved files of my format files, there are several extensions, do you need all or is one relevant on it's own

Just send the screen-grabs.  Video not necessary. 

Windows does have a cool feature for users to help fellow users through problems.  Below is a screen-capture of Microsoft's web page.  This small program that is in your Windows system can be very useful.  Maybe give it a try; it's very simple to use.
Attached is a .zip-folder containing an example I just did of using Windows Step Recorder while creating and saving a new custom Workspace Configuration in TurboCAD.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:06:47 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio