TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

rotate an entity & also a general query re inbuilt help regarding commands
Read 665 times
December 18, 2019, 04:57:41 AM
I have been trying to invert an entity to enable an isometric view from below.
All I can manage is a rotate around z axis, obviously. I need to rotate around the x or y

re general help...

Any one with experience of programing, especially with Borland pascal, Delphi or even Lazarus will have observed that during the writing of a code line, you are prompted re the type of data etc that is needed, i.e. the command structure; This may already be a function that is available, if so, how do I invoke it. I would help a lot with the above. 

Using TurboCAD 2019 Deluxe 64 bit since Dec 2019

Best is the enemy of good enough

Barrs Law Of Recursive Futility

If you are smart enough to use one of these...
   ,,, you can probably manage without one!

* December 18, 2019, 05:08:53 AM
Make sure you are in 3d selector mode, there is an Icon in the inspector bar for this "toggle 2d /3d".
Select the objects and you will see that there are more options in the inspector bar.
Rotate on all 3 axis will be available.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

December 18, 2019, 05:21:00 AM
Apologies All!

I just did what I usually do;  a web search, and got the answer in detail....

I would still appreciate comments on the second question

Best wishes, Jim

* December 18, 2019, 05:35:20 AM
I never answered it because I didn't quite understand it.
Are you looking  command line similar to autocad?

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

December 18, 2019, 06:17:06 AM
Better, more professional practice:  Rotate your VIEW, not the object.

Learn how to use the Examine and Dynamic Examine features.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 18, 2019, 06:22:09 AM
Question 2:
Programmable SDK & Ruby Scripting (Compatible with SketchUp Ruby Scripts) - only in Platinum Version.

https://www.turbocad.com/content/turbocad-2019-compare-key-features

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very low knowledge of English - I ask for indulgence - Thanks
Currently installed
TurboCAD  Professional 32-bit V.17.2.77.1
TurboCAD 2016 ProPlatinum 64-bit V23.2-61.2 engl.
TurboCAD 2015 2D V.22.2.51.4
on Win 10.

December 18, 2019, 06:30:51 AM
Search results on YouTube-- where IMSI-Design and a few other TurboCAD experts maintain YouTube channels-- for "TurboCAD command line" can be found here.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 18, 2019, 08:42:04 AM
I inquired about having a toolset for Reverse Isometric and Dimetric views several years ago, but it went nowhere.

After changing to a Dimetric or Isometric view (with perspective), I usually go to Camera Properties (Ctrl+Alt+C) and attempt doing something there with the Position and Target Point settings.
  • I'll change the current Position Z value to a minus value.
  • I'll click on "Graphic in Front of Camera" to change the "Target" settings,…
  • then "zero-out" the "UP Vector" to "0,0,1".
  • Hit OK.
Hopefully, the view is now from the lower quadrant.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 08:04:46 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

December 19, 2019, 12:58:26 AM
Thanks everyone! Lots of great suggestions, I particularly liked the reverse z component, but all very useful, (I tried using camara but not got the hang of it yet)

Anyway, I managed to rotate and confirm that the 3d subtract had NOT worked as it should so that problem still rampant!

I have a couple of new ideas to test, I will comment.

Another TCAD re-install is looming up,,,,,,,

PS I have tidied the model up a bit, removing construction lines etc so I have included the latest file

REM removing the cylinder from the cone, does NOT leave a cylindrical hole, just a hollow conical shell, please give it a go.
If it works for you, it may be my installation..?

Best wishes, Jim

* December 19, 2019, 02:59:07 PM
Thanks everyone! Lots of great suggestions, I particularly liked the reverse z component, but all very useful, (I tried using camara but not got the hang of it yet)

Anyway, I managed to rotate and confirm that the 3d subtract had NOT worked as it should so that problem still rampant!

I have a couple of new ideas to test, I will comment.

Another TCAD re-install is looming up,,,,,,,

PS I have tidied the model up a bit, removing construction lines etc so I have included the latest file

REM removing the cylinder from the cone, does NOT leave a cylindrical hole, just a hollow conical shell, please give it a go.
If it works for you, it may be my installation..?

Best wishes, Jim

As you had guessed, Jim, the profile is not closed. Zoom in on the corner shown in the attached screenshot and you'll see the problem. Once this is fixed, subtracting the cylinder will indeed leave a hole. (I just tried it.)

Henry H

* December 19, 2019, 08:16:57 PM
I inquired about having a toolset for Reverse Isometric and Dimetric views several years ago, but it went nowhere.

After changing to a Dimetric or Isometric view (with perspective), I usually go to Camera Properties (Ctrl+Alt+C) and attempt doing something there with the Position and Target Point settings.
  • Hit OK.

I view iso or dimetric view, hit WP by view and draw a primitive block, then use the block to take WPs by its faces and shift + ctrl + W, plan view by WP,  to get standard views relative to iso or dimetric.    Arguably longer-winded than yours, John, but I find it more intuitive and faster because of the in-view visual reference.

* December 19, 2019, 09:44:41 PM
I found the break on the other corner in "Newnose 196".

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* December 19, 2019, 10:03:41 PM

• Hit OK.

I view iso or dimetric view, hit WP by view and draw a primitive block, then use the block to take WPs by its faces and shift + ctrl + W, plan view by WP,  to get standard views relative to iso or dimetric.    Arguably longer-winded than yours, John, but I find it more intuitive and faster because of the in-view visual reference.

I hardly ever leave the World WorkPlane, so tweaking the Camera Properties is easier for me. A lot of times I'll draw a single 3D Polyline segment and use the Start/Finish points from that line in the Position/Target fields. I don't have to fuss with making a workplane.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

December 20, 2019, 12:48:01 AM
Another technique is to Set Workplane using By Facet, by 3 Points, By Z Axis, etc., then set View / Camera / Plan / By Workplane.

You may want to rotate the view (Shift + cursor keys).

Then, using the Create View function, set the desired full-screen range.  With an Orthogonal view, it's easy to pick the corners anywhere on the screen.  In Perspective view, the desired center has to be exactly in the center of the screen.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1