TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

propeller
Read 1238 times
* December 03, 2019, 12:38:22 AM
can somebody tell me how to make my propeller look like it is tuning.  Idid a tutorial with Don  but i have forgotten how to do it NJR

December 03, 2019, 10:56:00 AM
If it were me, and if this were my hobby project (or was somehow getting compensated for it), I'd try some sort of variation of below--

>Make a copy of the propeller assembly and work with this copy.  Make the original not visible.
____
>Assign a semi-transparent Material to the blades.  This Material would be slightly darker and less transparent than that of the entity created in the next section.
>Radial-Copy the blades, maybe 18 sets at 10°, maybe more.  Maybe use Blocks, to keep down on file size.  (will probably require Slicing or some other Boolean to separate the blades from the shaft)
____
>Create a new entity that represents the blades' circular motion and the turbulent air caused by their turning.  Assign a semi-transparent Material to that. (the Radial-Copied blades will show within this entity)
____
>Assign a Material to the outer shaft cylindrical facets so that it looks like it's turning.
____
>Create a hollowed-out cylinder that would represent the nuts turning.  Assign a semi-transparent Material to this, perhaps with some Pattern overlay that would give it the appearance of turning.
____
>Assign a Material to the center shaft cap outer face so that it looks like it's turning.

The semi-transparency in the blades and the turbulent air is the key, to me, for some sense of realism.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:34:45 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* December 03, 2019, 02:54:16 PM
Maybe something like the attached .jpg? And maybe with the addition of semitransparent blades--as Alvin suggests but I am too lazy to follow up...

Henry H