TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Idea for Small CAM Program
Read 255 times
January 29, 2020, 12:34:57 PM
Hi All,
I have purchased a small CNC machine and I have tried to use the CAM add-in and I am disappointed that the gcode was 0. It's not user-friendly for my needs. This CNC machine needs a simple CAM to make the gcode.

A simpler CAM program that works with the small CNC machines. I am hoping that TurboCAD can develop a simpler CAM program the can facilitate hobbyist.

I believe that this is an up-and-coming industry, These small CNC machines are available on AMAZON and other web sites. 

Please look into this I believe it can make some money.

Thanks,

Roger Greene
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:25:47 PM by Roger »

January 30, 2020, 05:01:42 AM
Roger

The CAM plugin can be simple or as complex as you need it to be for your job/CNC machine requires.
It is understanding the basics of how to build the operations so that the G-Code is generated and running a simulation to see how the machining should go.

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.