TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Unable to Pin Selection Info Pallet
Read 852 times
* November 20, 2019, 08:54:57 AM
Hi all,

Using TurboCad Pro Plat 2017 in classic UI mode.

I made the mistake of unpinning my selection info pallet and it auto-hid, I have been unable to re-pin this open, was wondering what I did wrong, is there a way to Pin the selection info again?

When I hover over the "pin" icon it only says "autohide" and when I click on it it hides the pallet, unfortunately if I don't click on iy iy times out and auto hides anyway.

Please HELP!

No Boom today, Boom tomorrow, there's always a Boom tomorrow. - Ivanova

* November 20, 2019, 09:48:31 AM
The way you write, i'm not sure if i get it, but ... :)
If the Selection Info Palette is not inside the Palette area together with other's, then seelct that Palette on the top and drag it to about center of Palette area, then there should turn up a sort of cross, move the cursor over to center of this and leftclick, then it should jump in again.
There was also one version where we need to doubleclick on top of Palette to make it jump in, dont remember if that was in v 2017.

If non of this 2 options work, go to Tools/ Cusomize >> Palettes and turn of everyone of them, then turn them on again in the way you want them to be placed in TC like from left to rigth in default/ horizontal or from top and down in forced vertical, OK and out of menu.
If they now are like you want them, og back to Customize >> Options on left side and save the cfg (UI) ( in about middle of that menu) with a name of your choice that are NOT one of the standard names, if you not already have made a personal.
Click yes if TC ask if you want to change.
Now, next time if something happens with your cfg (UI) setup yo can go back to Customize >> Options and Reload your personal cfg (UI) very easy.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 20, 2019, 10:13:28 AM
Thanks Torfinn, unfortunately I have the Selection Info Pallet on my screen (it is on a fly out from the right side) however the pin button to keep it open does not seem to be working. when I select another pallet it too has the auto hide button (or pin ) in the top right corner. They however seem to work they pin and unpin those pallets.

I am going to try and change resolution and see if that helps.

Thanks

* November 20, 2019, 10:44:37 AM
The way you write seems to me like you have 2 different Palette area open at the same time, as there is different reaction to Pin, so drop one of them in to the other should solve that issue, or turn them all of and rebuild it in Customize >> Palettes.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

November 20, 2019, 10:56:22 AM
Heck-- Just to get you going, try re-loading your Desktop Configuration.
Go to Tools/Customize.  On the Options Tab, click on "Default" or "Load From"-- your preference.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 20, 2019, 11:29:25 AM
I agree with Alvin's suggestion of using the "Default" button to load the basic set up, then start over moving palettes, etc.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* November 20, 2019, 12:11:43 PM
Alvin, John,

THANKS!! That did the trick, I was about to uninstall and reinstall, I live on the selection info pallet and not having it always open was killing my productivity. The pin / unpin function works now.

I reset to defaults and will arrange desktop which should only take a couple minutes.

Thanks again!