TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Edit, copy entities,mirror
Read 928 times
* November 18, 2019, 07:05:09 AM
Edit, copy entities,mirror- using tcad16.2- when copying an entity and using the mirror image, how can you place it accurately where you want it. When I do it it just goes where it wants to go depending on where I place the cursor.

Frank Zangari ASID

November 18, 2019, 07:23:08 AM
Edit, copy entities,mirror- using tcad16.2- when copying an entity and using the mirror image, how can you place it accurately where you want it. When I do it it just goes where it wants to go depending on where I place the cursor.

RE "When I do it it just goes where it wants to go depending on where I place the cursor."

Yes, that is how the Mirror Copy tool works.  So we could (should?) be very purposeful when snapping the "mirror" location*.  Sometimes we should previously insert some sort of geometry to use for snap aids in locating/orienting the "mirror" "line".

Oftentimes, I will just Mirror Copy any ol' where/how, then immediately select the copied object(s), edit the Reference Point location and pick it up an move it and snap to precisely where I want it.

*Alternatively, we could use the Coordinate Fields to input the "mirror" location and orientation, perhaps coupled with an entry in the Angle field, but, except for the simplest of drawings, that would be difficult to accomplish.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:39:24 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 18, 2019, 07:38:55 AM
ok, so what I have been doing all of these years is how it works, I thought I didn't know how to use it properly.

Frank Zangari ASID