TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Turbocad 19 Delux Windows 10 64 Bit Open file on startup
Read 1134 times
* November 13, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
Hi all, After a long break from Turbocad I decided to install old copy I have v19 Delux on Windows 10 64 bit. The program works well except for one odd quirk. When you load program and get option to open, create etc if I click open existing the program loads without opening file just blank user screen. I then have to click file again and click file again and then it loads as normal. I wondered if anyone else has encountered this two step process when starting program. TIA.

* November 13, 2019, 07:59:53 PM
I get the same thing with my copy of TurboCAD V19 Deluxe (19.2.54.2). I get the Splash Screen with "Open/Cancel/New", but "Open/New" don't work. I use the "New/Open" icons to open the "New TurboCAD Drawing" dialog or the "File / Open" dialog.

I tried dumping the Built-In folder contents, doing a Repair, changing the Compatibility to Win 7, and Run as Administrator; nothing worked. I guess some Windows Update wrecked something.

EDIT: You could delete or rename the "TCStart.exe" file with an OLD extension; TCStart.exe.OLD. You'll skip the Splash Screen, then go to "File / New or Open". It removes a step.
C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCW19\Program
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:16:14 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* November 14, 2019, 10:57:48 AM
I get the same thing with my copy of TurboCAD V19 Deluxe (19.2.54.2). I get the Splash Screen with "Open/Cancel/New", but "Open/New" don't work. I use the "New/Open" icons to open the "New TurboCAD Drawing" dialog or the "File / Open" dialog.

I tried dumping the Built-In folder contents, doing a Repair, changing the Compatibility to Win 7, and Run as Administrator; nothing worked. I guess some Windows Update wrecked something.

EDIT: You could delete or rename the "TCStart.exe" file with an OLD extension; TCStart.exe.OLD. You'll skip the Splash Screen, then go to "File / New or Open". It removes a step.
C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCW19\Program
Hi, thanks for replying with advice I shall try. I know its only a minor inconvenience and just wondered if it was common. Might just have to live with it.