TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Scale Model Space
Read 1330 times
* October 30, 2019, 08:59:33 AM
So, my partner created a new file, plopped an aerial in without respect to scale or position.  I would like to get a proper scale on it. There are actual dimensions of parcels shown on the aerial (from property appraiser).

I positioned it so the bottom left corner is at 0 (x) and 0 (y).  What is the easiest way to change the scale to coincide with dimensions on the aerial?  Right now a dimension of 656.06' on the aerial scales on the drawing to 1.219385'.

Thank you,
Mike 

EnvCons
TurboCAD 2018 Expert 64-bit, Dell XPS i7 7700 3.6 GHz
16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
 Window 10 Home

* October 30, 2019, 09:37:26 AM
I always use 1:1 scale in the drawing, no matter what.
And draw a closed polyline around the plot, so exactly as i can manage, then i Select he polyline and open it's  property in Selection Info Palette, open metric a bit Down there and copy out the area number's out, NB!! set TC to use 6 decimals first if it's not already have it.
Assume you know what the plotsize is, so divide the squere root of that with the squereroot of the numbers you just copied out = and you get the scalefactor, copy that number from your calculator , Select everything that need to scaled and past the number in to Scale X and Scale Y Fields down on inspector Bar, enter and it should be correct, check by selecting the polyline again and look at the numbers in SI Palette >> Metric.
I do this in mm and if it's not 100% the same, there is less than 1 squere millimeter in difference, i can live with that :)
Normally it will be spot on.
You know where the 0,0 should be in the map, polyline etc, Select them, press D to change refpoint and click where it should be, then in position field X and Y Down on Inspectorbar, write 0,0 enter and you are there.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

October 30, 2019, 09:39:07 AM
So, my partner created a new file, plopped an aerial in without respect to scale or position.  I would like to get a proper scale on it. There are actual dimensions of parcels shown on the aerial (from property appraiser).

I positioned it so the bottom left corner is at 0 (x) and 0 (y).  What is the easiest way to change the scale to coincide with dimensions on the aerial?  Right now a dimension of 656.06' on the aerial scales on the drawing to 1.219385'.

Thank you,
Mike

We could do it for you, and give it back to you.  And one or more of us probably will.
But, for your education's sake, I suggest reading Don Cheke's Tip on this subject here, at his website Textual Creations TurboCAD Tips page.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* October 30, 2019, 09:52:50 AM
We could do it for you, and give it back to you.  And one or more of us probably will.
But, for your education's sake, I suggest reading Don Cheke's Tip on this subject here, at his website Textual Creations TurboCAD Tips page.

Thank you.  Looks pretty simple.

Mike

EnvCons
TurboCAD 2018 Expert 64-bit, Dell XPS i7 7700 3.6 GHz
16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
 Window 10 Home

October 30, 2019, 10:12:57 AM

Thank you.  Looks pretty simple.

Mike

I was going to do it for you, as a reference example.
But the image you shared with us is missing something critical-- the other end-point of the 656.06 line-- or the entirety of any of the dimension-annotated lines.

If you need more help from us, it would be better if we are working with the actual image-- the one your partner used for the insertion-- not a screen-capture of the image in TurboCAD.

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* October 30, 2019, 10:15:06 AM
That way only work if the Object is like an rectangle Alvin, a plot i veeery seldom that, and the same with diretion on a map.
And use one of the smallest room in a big houseplan will never give an accurate scale, it should be as big as possible,
The easiest way in my opinion for this kind of rectangular objects is just to meassure the length of room, 6 decimal, copy that number and divide what we know is distance with what we meassure, enter and we have the scalefactor to type in, we dont need to draw a rectangle.
And it's the decimal's that give us the most correct answer, so minimum 6, at least for my use :), and Don using 10, even better but then you guys work with 25,4 of my units so …

What i would have done after Don's example is to draw a polyline around it all, you also have cc system that are most likely used, adjust the different sides to fit inside a system and scale picture/ pdf one more time, this time by using squereroot and you get the most accurate possible based on Picture or pdf, and again, normally there is some info about total area of a houseplan, then it's just to do as i say on top here, adjust the lines and finish, as close it could be.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

October 30, 2019, 10:54:35 AM
I gave it a go.  I was able to do it with the screen-capture you provided, EnvCons.
It was a bit more of a challenge than usual for a couple of reasons.
   1) The lot lines were not on an orthogonal orientation.
   2) The image didn't include both end-points of any of the dimension-annotated lines.
But I got it to work, using some simple thinking and technique.  My drawing file is attached in the e-pack .zip folder; hopefully, your Image that I embedded in the Drawing stays embedded.  After further thought... I'm not really sure what you can do with this; maybe just explore it for tips, if you'd like...

I'm trying to think of how we can assist you further, if you are not able to get it...  I guess you could either provide us with the TurboCAD drawing file you are working in AND the satellite image file; or you could provide just the image file, we could scale the inserted Image in our TurboCAD, embed the image, and give it back to you to Copy/Paste into your drawing file.

Let us know if you need any help.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* October 30, 2019, 12:08:20 PM
I made a short video about how to scale a plot, and make the borderlines in the same time.
EnvCon have the map, and coordinates and by that should be able to set it 100 % correct.

Link to youtube
https://youtu.be/duGQwxD1o_U

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

October 30, 2019, 02:28:22 PM
So, my partner created a new file, plopped an aerial in without respect to scale or position.  I would like to get a proper scale on it. There are actual dimensions of ...

Thank you,
Mike

I guess I was not fully awake when I first read your original post this morning Mike.

Having read it again now, I see you already had done a lot of the work.  A simpler and faster reply should have been:
   Using a calculator, divide 656.06 by 1.219385.  Select the Image and enter that quotient in the Scale_X and Scale_Y fields in the Inspector Bar.

Alvin Gregorio