TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Dimensions do not show correct scale in fragmented views
Read 362 times
* February 09, 2020, 09:50:43 AM
I have a sheet containing normal views and sections. The scale is 1:4. When I do a fragmental view the scale off because the dimensions are not what they should be. I need to set the scale up to full size in order to get the correct dimension. The normal views dimension with the correct size just fine.Can anyone help?

Pro Platinum 2019
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA Quadro P1000

February 09, 2020, 10:09:20 AM
Sadly, this has been my experience on many drafting palette objects. It is never consistent so one need to be hyper vigilant when dimensioning them. I always keep my selection info palette open so I can change the scale when I see something didn't associate as it should have. One has to know their parts well to ensure they catch the errors. Another thing I do often is select all the dimensions of a drafting palette object or objects and look at the Info palette. If it reads as it should then all should be okay. If it reads blank, the they are not all the same and I enter the scale that it should be, thus changing them all en masse.

* February 09, 2020, 11:07:56 AM
Thank you Don. After doing your tool box tutorial I have greatly improved my skills using Turbocad. I try to follow your procedures in making working drawings as much as possible. On this drawing I am having another issue with the drafting pallet. I have named my views for viewports in my papers. The  first paper went fine with views and sections. The second paper does not let me create a new part assembly as it is greyed out. I know it must be a simple thing. Any ideas?

Pro Platinum 2019
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA Quadro P1000

* February 09, 2020, 11:30:33 AM
Never mind....I went back to your tutorial and found my answer...

Pro Platinum 2019
Windows 10
NVIDIA Quadro P1000