TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Standard views separate parts in each paper space
Read 1180 times
* November 19, 2019, 08:01:13 AM
I have a simple 3 part assembly in model space. I select one part and go to the drafting palette select 3 standard views, go to 1st paper space and insert the views into the drawing. Great I can dimension it as a workshop drawing.
 Then back to model space and select the second part, go to drafting palette and select standard views, PROBLEM!!!!! what appears in the palette preview window are the views from the first part selected. If I delete that part in the drafting palette it disappears from the first paper view. How do I get each part with its standard views on a different paper space?  :-\

* November 19, 2019, 12:50:04 PM
By making the draft object by object 3 times/ view pr object
But maybe a named view/ viewport is better as then you can controll objects by layer, what should be visible or not.
If you want to delete a view from drafting palette you need to explode the draft object in P Space first so that it not have contact with drafting palette object before you delete it there.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

November 19, 2019, 03:11:18 PM
I have a simple 3 part assembly in model space. I select one part and go to the drafting palette select 3 standard views, go to 1st paper space and insert the views into the drawing. Great I can dimension it as a workshop drawing.
 Then back to model space and select the second part, go to drafting palette and select standard views, PROBLEM!!!!! what appears in the palette preview window are the views from the first part selected. If I delete that part in the drafting palette it disappears from the first paper view. How do I get each part with its standard views on a different paper space?  :-\

You have to Create a separate Drafting Palette Part/Assembly for each part.
Then you have to click on each one of those, separately, in the top pane of the Drafting Palette, to get that particular Part/Assembly's views to show in the lower pane and be selectable for insertion.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)