TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Help file amendment beta
Read 2244 times
* May 25, 2019, 12:26:41 PM
HI All.

Whilst going through the chm file doing some alteration / amendments. I found I'd made a slight cock-up with respect to the AddNode command.  I wrote add node is world coordinates,  This is wrong.  At the time I was  doing all testing on the world workplane, so it seemed correct.  But recent testing has shown the actual command uses the objects workplane.

The coordinates for Adding a node go from the objects workplane origin.  The world workplane origin is x = 0, y = 0.  But the objects workplane origin could be anywhere, and may not even be where the object is located.

Anyway.  I've done some alteration but I've no idea if it makes sense. Workplanes are not the easiest subject to try explain, especially when working on 2D in a 3D coordinate system.  Much easier to leave 2D on the world workplane, or use selector 2D/3D depending mode.

Anyone interested. Please take a look and see if it makes sense or if you think I made it too complicated and it needs changing.

Thanks
Andy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:36:43 PM by Andy H »

* May 30, 2019, 05:23:12 PM
Andy Ive read your pdf file and I understand it. So your work is always appreciated. 😎😁

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

July 03, 2019, 11:56:32 PM
Andy,

finally, got round to reading this a few times.   ::)
    I will PM you, to discuss my thoughts. 
    Thank you for your efforts.   8)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro 1903 (Build 18362.418) 64-bit