TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Door styles for different doors
Read 1595 times
* June 23, 2019, 08:56:26 AM
Hello,

I'm creating my house plan using the HouseWizard in Turbocad 2016 Pro Platimum which works fine and I create the walls by using the build house button.  I delete out the windows and doors that aren't needed.  When I select a single door and change the door style the program changes all of the doors to this style.  Is this a known problem with 2016?  I have 2017 and am just too lazy to install it.  Is it fixed in 2017?

Thanks, Richard

TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64-bit - Platinum Edition Windows 10 - No Lightworks

Richard

* June 23, 2019, 09:12:45 AM
It's not "fixed" as there is nothing to fix :)
If you change a style you will change everything that have that style.

What you want to do is go to stylemanager, Select the style and then click for make a New style, that new style you make your changes on and later you Select the door(s) you want to change to the New style, and then they will affect the New settings that you make for that spesific door style.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* June 23, 2019, 02:37:17 PM
Thanks Torfinn, I appreciate the answer and good work around.  Strange, most professional cad packages will allow a single item to be changed but we have many work arounds for different items for these packages also.  I briefly looked at the help files and didn't see anything that said all doors would be changed.  It told you how to create a new style, but this is different from what I was trying to achieve.  I will create a new door style and use it for my cad model.
Thanks again, Richard

TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64-bit - Platinum Edition Windows 10 - No Lightworks

Richard

* June 23, 2019, 03:38:28 PM
Your welcome, but it's not a workaround, it is how you do it in TC :)
It would be a bit difficult for the program to know what door you want if they have same style/ name, but should look different.

The benefit of Select the doorstyle you want to change is the New one will be a copy of the first, and then you dont need to set up everything in the new doorstyle, i.e. if you only want one that have a glass in it, else it should look exactly like the others.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB