TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Display Issues in 2019 pro
Read 1581 times
* July 14, 2019, 05:29:18 PM
Hi again - i could scream right now!

Is anyone else having any issues since installing the last update TC 2019 Pro 64 bit?

I now find I have lost SEKE/DEKE and keyboard shortcuts yet again (and the box under snaps is ticked - and I have tried resetting using the "load from under Tools-Customise) AND even more problematic, I now find I cannot position the palettes window on my second display, every time I try it ONLY goes to the right  and eventually goes completely off the screen - turning them on and off does not work and I have to reload (as above) to get them back.

I use a two monitor setup.  This is so frustrating and I have had so many issues with this programme that I am seriously thinking of dumping it.  PLease (Please) do not tell me I have to reload the programme yet again.  The issues only started after installing the last update (about a week ago for me); and EVERY other programme is behaving itself - only TC is causing these issues.

I am using the windows 64 bit version of TC2019 Pro on a Win 10 Pro 64 bit PC.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:51:09 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro
Beginner (with much to learn) mainly period ship plans and fittings, wood toy plans.

* July 14, 2019, 06:07:17 PM
Pat sounds to me like you mucked up your tools customise by mistake. Try selecting the default ( something like turbocadpro ). Then test if your sekes are working again. For now ignore the 2nd monitors setup.

If all is now working then reposition your 2nd monitors tcw windows and finally save this configuration. Further test this saved configuration by selecting some other saved config and then return to your saved settings. Read the help file also as it will explain in more detail.

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

July 14, 2019, 06:14:19 PM
If reloading your preferred user interface doesn't work, then you could try deleting your Built-In folder.

Instructions on how to do that are here: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9797.0.html

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 14, 2019, 11:43:44 PM
Daz, that worked (for this session at least) - get back to you of it holds.  Many thanks.

Thanks for the pointer Jeff; tucked away for future reference.

I don't know what caused this as the only thing within TC I have done was install the update - no work in the drawing etc - gremlins I suppose :)

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I select an object/entity I receive the message that if I continue to select in 2D mode the work plane will be changed.  As best I can tell I am in 2D mode and working with worldplane.  Could this be related?

cheers

Pat
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:50:43 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro
Beginner (with much to learn) mainly period ship plans and fittings, wood toy plans.

July 15, 2019, 01:14:36 AM
One thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I select an object/entity I receive the message that if I continue to select in 2D mode the work plane will be changed.  As best I can tell I am in 2D mode and working with worldplane.  Could this be related?

It is possible to get that notice if you have created objects in 3D mode so that they have different workplanes and, while working in 2D, you select an object with a different workplane than the system default for 2D.

You could try Edit / Select All, then Format / Place on Workplane.  Be sure to save your file first as some workplanes could be rotated relative to the default and you could get a significant change.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 15, 2019, 08:32:40 PM
Hi Jeff and all.

As stated in another thread, I think Jeff's suggestion has fixed most of my issues (subject to  verification in a new session tomorrow).  However, I am still seeing/experiencing one issue.

Having regained control of the keyboard shortcuts and SEKE/DEKE etc  I am still having some issues placing the palettes window on my second monitor.  I have managed to place it but with great difficulty as it seems to have a mind of its own in that if I try to move it too much it jumps off to the right and eventually off screen.  taking small bights at it, I have managed to place it.

The only thing I have done recently (other than updating the software) was to set my fonts (Display personalisation) to 125% as some of the meds I am on at the moment have affected my eyesight temporarily.  I am wondering if that may be the cause.  Now that I have placed it I am reluctant to change back to 100% to test my theory due to the meds issue / eyesight problem and 'stuffing' it up again.

Any idea if my 'theory' has validity?

Many thanks to all.

Pat
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:43:40 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro