TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

2d Add Freezes Program
Read 458 times
* May 15, 2019, 02:39:47 PM
I'm using TC 2018 Deluxe.  I'm working on a 3d drawing.  I have two adjoining 2d polylines, in a separate layer, that I want to make into one.  I display only the layer with the 2d polylines.  Then, when I go to the 2d Boolean Add command, get the prompt to select the first object and do so, I get the Windows error "ding" and the program freezes.  I have to go to Task Manager and end a listed TC 2018 Task (not the actual program) to unfreeze.  Then I get no response when I try the 2d Boolean Add command.

The only way I can get any response from the 2d Boolean Add command is to close TC and restart.  Then it's the same cycle over again.  Doesn't seem to matter in which position the 2d/3d selector is set.  No other settings are obviously out of wack.

I finally did a work-around by drawing a new polyline that encompasses both of the initial polylines, then erasing the originals.

I'd still like to know what I'm doing wrong.  Any ideas?

* May 15, 2019, 02:45:38 PM
My guess is that the two Polylines are on different workplanes, but that's only a guess. It's nearly impossible to diagnose a problem without access to the drawing. Please post the .tcw.

Henry H

* May 15, 2019, 03:18:58 PM
That must be the problem.  I re-tried, first selecting each object and using the Place on 'Workplane command.  Then tried the 2d Add and it worked. 

I'm mystified as to how the different workplanes happened, since I'm pretty sure I drew each polyline consecutively, with no other steps in between.  Oh well.  Something else to keep a constant check on.  Thanks.

* May 15, 2019, 03:37:10 PM
If you are in 3D mode and draw 2D it can happen, it dont need to be much, before TC see it like a different workplane, sometimes only  0,001 mm can make it happen.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 15, 2019, 05:17:55 PM
That must be the problem.  I re-tried, first selecting each object and using the Place on 'Workplane command.  Then tried the 2d Add and it worked. 

I'm mystified as to how the different workplanes happened, since I'm pretty sure I drew each polyline consecutively, with no other steps in between.  Oh well.  Something else to keep a constant check on.  Thanks.

It happens when an object is moved from its original position.

Henry H

* May 15, 2019, 05:58:44 PM
Ahh.  I do believe I moved the first object to line it up with a target.