TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Unusable brush color selection screen
Read 497 times
* April 29, 2019, 09:39:00 PM
I have been using TurboCAD since version 3 and have never run into this problem before.  I have Version 21.  I did something that has messed up brush color selection.  I've tried to find a thread that covers this and tried everything I can think of to fix this problem.  No luck.

I have attached three screen views.  Okay..... I click on an object to fill it with color; select Properties (first view) and then brush (2nd view).  Instead of a large palate of colors I get a screen that shows only its bottom and extends upward well beyond the screen.  The color swatches are very large and I can only see the bottom of the screen.  When I click to expand the view (3rd view), it flashes to a broader view, still large swatches, but still doesn't show the whole selection screen.

I reread what I just wrote and I'm not sure I understand what I've described.  I hope the screen shots help explain my issue.  This is a serious problem for me.  I rely heavily on color fills to distinguish objects.

Thanks for any help!!!

Roger

* April 29, 2019, 10:48:36 PM

To narrow it down ....
1: What is your operating system Win ?
2: Is the computer doing Auto updates? (Window Updates can stuff up the system)
3: Does it do this on  "Blank New Drawing from scratch" (Not from template"
4: Has the video driver been updated? (updates can stuff up the system)
5: You could do a "Windows System restore" to a previous date when all was fine (Back up files first)

Cheers
Mike

* April 29, 2019, 10:49:38 PM
Not had it happen, but I can duplicate it.  One way to resolve the problem, is.  Move property dialog box, low down in the TC window before clicking on the brush colour. This will allow access to the top right corner of the colours, where it can then be resized back down to minimum.

* April 30, 2019, 08:35:23 AM
I've tried repositioning.  The only response I get happens if I pull the right edge.  The color palette doesn't just drag wider: It leaps to a wider view and still doesn't show the upper positioned colors as shown in one of the screen shots.  The color palette cannot then be adjusted or shifted at all.

I really want to avoid doing a Windows reset to an earlier trouble free date.  I have too much work on my PC that I fear losing.  The Windows reset is just too drastic of a solution. 

April 30, 2019, 02:08:29 PM
I really want to avoid doing a Windows reset to an earlier trouble free date.  I have too much work on my PC that I fear losing.  The Windows reset is just too drastic of a solution.

Returning your Windows operating system to an earlier, trouble-free date will not destroy data files.  You may, however, lose programs that were installed after the date of the setpoint.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* April 30, 2019, 05:02:20 PM
Instead of a large palate of colors I get a screen that shows only its bottom and extends upward well beyond the screen.  The color swatches are very large and I can only see the bottom of the screen.  When I click to expand the view (3rd view), it flashes to a broader view, still large swatches, but still doesn't show the whole selection screen.
Roger

Roger.     When you open the properties and select brush colour button, before touching anything else - is one of the bottom corners next to the brush colour button (doesn't matter which corner.) If so, see attached.

## Edit ## Assuming this is a TC problem, and not a Windows problem.  nearly - worse case scenario.  if the above (and attached) doesn't work, you could try delete built in folder.  instructions here., ensure you have a saved configuration first (tools customise), that you can load back in, and you will need to reset some things afterwards (style , icon size, loading back a config, native draw.  As deleting the built-in resets a lot of TC to factory settings. but it will not affect drawings, materials etc. ## end edit ##
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:56:53 PM by Andy H »