TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Problem With Cone Properties
Read 417 times
* April 20, 2019, 01:12:29 PM
Using TC 2018 Deluxe.  I use "3d Primitives" to create a cone.  According to the Help documentation I'm supposed to be able to get a Properties window that contains a "Cone" page (that I can use to manipulate the shape of the cone).  I can get a properties window in a number of ways (double click cone, select and right click, etc.).  However, none of these properties windows contains the Cone Page.  For that matter, I cannot get the appropriate page for any of the 3d primitaves.

Am I doing something wrong?  It sure looks like TC 2018 Deluxe supports this function.

* April 20, 2019, 01:30:18 PM
I don't have 2018, so just checked in Deluxe 2017.  the 'cone' page is not there.  A couple of ways you can alter the cone.

Properties part of the Selection Palette, This is the same information that would be on the dialog cone page.  This allows altering radius etc. along with the number of approximation lines (to make the TC Surface appear more like a cone).

Using the 'Edit' tool to select the cone.  This brings up some boxes on the inspection bar,  but not the approximation lines.  So I'd suggest using the selection palette.  NOTE.  once the object is exploded or a Boolean is done. the properties are no longer available, which is the same in pro as deluxe.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:44:02 PM by Andy H »

* April 20, 2019, 02:41:48 PM
Properties part of Selection Palette did the trick.  Thank you!