TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Move walls - then can't meet!!! TurboCAD 20 Pro
Read 1661 times
July 29, 2013, 03:17:19 PM
So I finally broke down and upgraded to TurboCAD 20 Pro - it's driving me crazy! When I move walls they split at the corners and I can't re join them using Meet 2 Lines. And if I copy a plan to re-work it while keeping the original,  I lose all of the door and window openings!!

What am I doing wrong??!!

Thank you,

Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French

* July 29, 2013, 09:48:11 PM
So I finally broke down and upgraded to TurboCAD 20 Pro - it's driving me crazy! When I move walls they split at the corners and I can't re join them using Meet 2 Lines. And if I copy a plan to re-work it while keeping the original,  I lose all of the door and window openings!!

What am I doing wrong??!!

To re-join the walls, try the Edit tool. Select a wall with the tool and drag a blue node. Lock the DeltaX or DeltaY field to assure that the wall remains horizontal or vertical when editing.

Henry H

Thank you,

Deborah

* July 30, 2013, 12:05:33 AM
If you working with arcitect wall's, copy one story up one level or simular, you need to change the layer of the copy, then wall will selfheeling and the windows etc is there if you copy them in the same operation

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* April 07, 2019, 07:53:53 AM
This was as close to the issue I am having and have had in the past.  I have ver21 pro platium and find it quite annoying that I  have so much issue with walls not working the way I think they should.  I have a few issues in the drawing I am working on although I will just try to deal with the big one.  I have a large floor plan with probably 30 doors and 20 windows.  I used a template that came with tc this time and made my walls.  put in openings, doors windows.  The template had layers set up so I moved it the drawing to a new layer by selecting all.  Made a copy and so I can make different option layouts.  the copy shows doors and opening are now gone.  I know I have delt with this before do not remember how to fix it.  Makes me feel pretty inferior when I see what users do with 3d in this program and I cannot draw a simple floorplan and make copies without ripping my hair out.  And having to do redundant work I just did.  I googled and this is the thread I found and tried to do different ways of copying by making sure things were on same layer and all that.  place on workplane too.  I don't use this program often but when I do I find I spend more time trying to solve ways to get wall to heal in way the makes sense then I do drawing.

So my question is  will turbocad copy walls with windows and doors and keep the association or opening or whatever its called so I can either move to a new location beside on a new layer or just as new layer on top of original?  This version sure will not for me.

Went for coffee and came back.  Figured out that you can only use the copy feature that is on the context menu.  rubber stamp is not the same as make a copy.  Then try to remember to turn of make a copy.

Reg
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:57:17 PM by Reg Neufeld »

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core