TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Pop Up toolbars and the Ribbon Interface
Read 546 times
* February 14, 2019, 11:46:25 AM
I've been trying to use the Ribbon interface, and overall I like it.

But for some reason I'm not able to add things to the pop up and local menu the way I can in any other interface.

I've had the measure toolbar in my pop up for fifteen years and not having it there is driving me nuts.

Does anyone know of a way to add the measurement toolbar to the pop up menu when using the Ribbon interface?

Thanks to all,

JoeM

* February 14, 2019, 02:11:05 PM
Not used the ribbon myself,  but just had a look. 

I opened TC as a blank file, went into workspace customise,  Toolbars, and clicked New (to create a blank toolbar), I called it MeasureIt.  I could then add the measurement tools from the commands page of the dialog to this new toolbar.  Click close, then re-open the customise dialog, and the new toolbar should be available under the pop-up section.  After that I had to save the blank file before the new toolbar would stick, so it would be available after TC was closed and re-opened. 

* February 15, 2019, 01:05:03 PM
Not used the ribbon myself,  but just had a look. 

I opened TC as a blank file, went into workspace customise,  Toolbars, and clicked New (to create a blank toolbar), I called it MeasureIt.  I could then add the measurement tools from the commands page of the dialog to this new toolbar.  Click close, then re-open the customise dialog, and the new toolbar should be available under the pop-up section.  After that I had to save the blank file before the new toolbar would stick, so it would be available after TC was closed and re-opened.

Andy,

Thanks a lot, I was able to follow your instructions to do what I wanted.

JoeM