TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Before I smash things
Read 737 times
* February 03, 2019, 07:28:14 PM
I am working through the tutorials. I made it through fairly unscathed with the 2D stuff. The 3D stuff, however, is going beyond frustrating me.

I am on session 4 and drawing the new profile. I drew the polyline with only mild frustration. The angle was 90 deg for the first line segment, but i messed up and had to redraw the line, then 90 deg is going the opposite way so I had to draw it at 270 deg. No, i did not change views.

When drawing the circle in the center of the arc of the polyline, I can only draw a cylinder. Yes, I do grab the circle tool from the sketch menu, which should draw a 2D circle, but for some reason it draws the cylinder. I can draw a polygon or square in 2D on the new polyline, but no go for the circle.

Any help would be awesome!

Living in 3D frustration land

Joe

* February 03, 2019, 08:20:58 PM
It sounds like the circle has a thickness . select the circle and check the 3d settings.
 or when in the circle command change the default thickness to 0.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* February 04, 2019, 01:33:16 AM
That was it!! Thanks!!

February 04, 2019, 04:50:48 PM
I am working through the tutorials.
Living in 3D frustration land
Joe

What tutorials?
Thanks

TurboCad V12~V201x Platinum Pro Edition + CAM Plug-In +  Surface Modeling + Survey Coordinates RedSDK
Production: W10 Pro V 1903 16GB NVIDIA Quadro