TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

TC Deluxe installation ooly
Read 483 times
* January 22, 2019, 06:21:01 PM
TCD ver. 25(2018)
I recently did a hard drive wipe and clean install of win10 followed by the inevitable 8 hours of application reinstall we have all learned to love.  I decided I would start with a fresh install of Turbocad deluxe and quickly became very frustrated as it repeatedly failed to complete the installation with what I swear was a single pixel left to change color in the status bar. The error code tied the problem to a .NET dll problem.  I tried every possible act of submission possible to fix the .NET issue which included uninstalling/reinstalling all of the .NET distributable and even tried the .NET repair utility.  After about 4 hours I gave up and submitted a support email.

Raja came through with the answer.  He said  "You need to install the x86 and x64 versions of the Microsoft libraries available for download at this link before you can install the product."

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

After reading this, I remember thinking, hmm..     So I clicked the link and did as suggested and what do you know it worked.  Then I found myself thinking, hmm.. again.   Why didn't the installer, which dutifully installed some of the needed .NET files, install all the necessary versions?

Kudos to Raja for helping me out, but if anyone else gets a wild hair and goes for a clean install of your OS, only to find that the program installer repeatable progresses the status bar to the very last pixel,  and then in a matter of seconds undoes the entire install. .........rembember this post. 

* January 22, 2019, 06:54:32 PM
Thanks for that!

Henry H