TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

door lites (windows)
Read 537 times
* January 11, 2019, 01:09:07 PM
I cannot get the door lites (windows?) to show in my drawing. I can change style , size, color and whatever else/ I just can't get the lites to display.

I am using Pro 21

* January 11, 2019, 02:11:57 PM
Do you mean something like these?

Can you post your TCW file?

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* January 11, 2019, 03:54:44 PM
Hi John, Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I'm trying to make the doors with windows like your sample. Only two instead of six panes of glass. None of my pull downs has any styles that have a window in it to modify.

I'm a TurboCAD newbie. All previous experience is on an old version of AutoCAD. Not sure which TCW file to attach or how to attach it. If you could just suggest a good training video I'm sure I can poke it with a sharp stick enough to figure it out.

* January 11, 2019, 09:08:30 PM
Here's a zip file with a drawing of 3 different doors. The "two" didn't sink in until I had made a 4 panel door. You can Edit the Muntins option and change the "Lights Wide" to "1".

To get the "Glass" to show in a Door, you need to make a "Profile Style" that will define where to punch a hole in the door. One 2D rectangle will be the Boundary Profile (the outside of the door) and one or more closed 2D polylines will define openings where the glass/wood panel will show through. That "Profile Style" is applied to the "Door Style". Then you can click on the "Muntins" value to Edit those parameters. Is this a single door with two glass panels or double doors with a single pane each? (Pix 04)

The other doors just used a Profile Styles and skipped the Muntins. Lots of ways to skin this cat. :-)

Unzip the Zip file to its own folder and open the TCW file. The extraneous stuff are files you might need for rendering.

To post files in the Forum, click on "Attachments and other options" below the Reply window, then click on the "Browse" button.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:57:41 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* January 12, 2019, 12:37:00 AM
Be aware that Profiles are not truly parametric as they stretch proportionately with the door.

If you want completely parametric doors with lights and panels you might want to look into PPMs which are Turbocads scripted symbols - a lot less complex but similar to archicads GDL. There are a few examples in the ppm section.

https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/T2UG/pages/103055905/Parametric+Part+Script+Editing
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 03:34:40 AM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks