TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Definition
Read 574 times
* November 29, 2018, 02:01:08 AM
Hello. I've been trying to work out the following issue without success. I'm using Turbo Cad 2016. Non horizontal or vertical lines are made up of a series of smaller vertical and horizontal segments. With very shallow gradients I get two long horizontal/vertical lines (i.e.big segments) instead of a smooth shallow gradient. Is there any way that I can set these vertical and horizontal segments to be as small as possible so that my non horizontal/vertical lines look smoother. I've tried to set the definition as high as possible but this has not helped. Any thoughts? Thanks. Timsboats 

* November 29, 2018, 02:09:56 AM
Are the lines jagged when you print them?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:14:51 AM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* November 29, 2018, 02:32:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. No, the lines aren't jagged as such.  The specific problem is as follows: If you're drawing a long tapering item say 5 mm width at one end, 70 mm long and 4mm width at the other end. Each edge line is not a gradient (as it should be) but is formed by two long horizontal lines at different levels (i.e. 4 and 5 mm) joined in the middle. These lines are then printed as described (i.e. stepped) and not as the required gradient.   

* November 29, 2018, 03:48:31 AM
Hi.  You may need to add some info so someone can try to replicate.  I just gave it a try and obviously it depends on zoom level, but I get anything from 12 segments at zoom extents of an angled line ( with a 1mm rise at 70mm ), to 2 segments if I zoom out to 40% which is about what I would expect.

My screen is 1920 X 1280, using TC full screen.  I use RedSDK mode with hardware aliasing turned off,

The questions would be. Graphics card,  what screen size. TC 2016 pro / deluxe / designer.  Native draw mode (GDI or RedSDK).  if RedSK, a screenshot of the Native draw dialog box  (from the options menu, which will show your setup).  Maybe someone with the same set-up as yourself can see how things look on their computer.

### Edit ###  Oops. I missed reading this bit.  "These lines are then printed as described (i.e. stepped) and not as the required gradient." so the above test I did was probably wrong.  ### End Edit ###
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:16:45 AM by Andy H »

* November 29, 2018, 04:21:43 AM
So it is not a display problem? Are you using a polyline with different starting and ending widths?
If you are I can  see what you are talking about but I thought it was a display problem because when I zoom in the Jags disappear.
Try printing to see if there is still a problem
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:26:10 AM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks