TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Updating Model Space Viewport does not update in Paper Space
Read 810 times
* November 20, 2018, 02:50:40 AM
I have named a viewport in Model Space and I use the same viewport in three separate Paper spaces - for A1 size print, for A3 size print (fitted to page) and for A3 size at 1:500 scale.    When I amend the Model Space by adding or removing layers, these changes do not automatically reflect in the various paper space spaces.    I need to change the layers being displayed in the Paper Spaces.    What am I doing incorrectly?

Using TC 2018 Deluxe only in 2D format.   Happy to provide more info if I haven't made myself clear.

* November 20, 2018, 03:03:52 AM
Nothing if i understand you correct :)

If you add layers in M Space they will not show automatic in P space, you will need to turn them on in each viewport
If you delete layers then the objects from this layers should be deleted aswell and by that not show in P Space.

There was a terrible periode (2015 to 2017) where the layers was on by default in P Space, so if i had 30 viewports in a drawing and made 10 more layers, they did all show in P Space :(, so it could take hours to clean up, thats why terrible :)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 20, 2018, 04:43:28 AM
You can use layersets to control visibility in viewports. It is quite useful with lots of layers

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* November 20, 2018, 02:41:50 PM
<Many thanks Torfinn.   It is good to have some confirmation of a non-action which I was experiencing.    I understand you completely.
Many thanks Nikkipollard too for reinforcing the layersets route.    This I have already tried but again I must have been doing something incorrectly.  It seemed that once I set a layer set I could not see its selected layers in the pop-up Layer screen (on the RHS of the UI) - all I was getting was all layers.   Do you happen to have a set of instructions which you could send me and I could try again.

Perhaps I should explain that I am working with a surveyor's drawing with 248 layers, 112 of which are blank and I generally need about 10-12 layers to be used for specific results.

* November 20, 2018, 09:20:08 PM
That pop up has never worked for me .
You should get a list in the menu - my menu its under view layerset
 The thing I like about  that method - you can assign a layerset to a viewport If you change the layerset all the corresponding viewports also change.

Be careful when using them in conjunction with filters because filters override layersets - it can get a bit confusing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:28:23 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* November 21, 2018, 04:40:09 AM
Thanks nickipollard.    You have given me another insight into Layersets.   I don't get a list, as you indicate, just layersets names appearing under "Format" in TC 2018 Deluxe.    But I do seem to get some better interaction with the my pop up screen list of layers.
Its all looking much better now and I will press on with greater enthusiasm.    I appreciate you comments and experience.
It is interesting to note that many months ago I sought help from Support in Lahore to explain when to use LayerSets and when to use LayerFilters.    Their answer was absolutely no help so I didn't pursue it anymore.    In fact I found the "tcw25.pdf" manual didn't help much either.