TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Pop Up toolbars and the Ribbon Interface
Read 539 times
* February 14, 2019, 11:46:25 AM
I've been trying to use the Ribbon interface, and overall I like it.

But for some reason I'm not able to add things to the pop up and local menu the way I can in any other interface.

I've had the measure toolbar in my pop up for fifteen years and not having it there is driving me nuts.

Does anyone know of a way to add the measurement toolbar to the pop up menu when using the Ribbon interface?

Thanks to all,

JoeM

* February 14, 2019, 02:11:05 PM
Not used the ribbon myself,  but just had a look. 

I opened TC as a blank file, went into workspace customise,  Toolbars, and clicked New (to create a blank toolbar), I called it MeasureIt.  I could then add the measurement tools from the commands page of the dialog to this new toolbar.  Click close, then re-open the customise dialog, and the new toolbar should be available under the pop-up section.  After that I had to save the blank file before the new toolbar would stick, so it would be available after TC was closed and re-opened. 

* February 15, 2019, 01:05:03 PM
Not used the ribbon myself,  but just had a look. 

I opened TC as a blank file, went into workspace customise,  Toolbars, and clicked New (to create a blank toolbar), I called it MeasureIt.  I could then add the measurement tools from the commands page of the dialog to this new toolbar.  Click close, then re-open the customise dialog, and the new toolbar should be available under the pop-up section.  After that I had to save the blank file before the new toolbar would stick, so it would be available after TC was closed and re-opened.

Andy,

Thanks a lot, I was able to follow your instructions to do what I wanted.

JoeM