TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Capturing Drawing Data
Read 2484 times
* February 04, 2010, 01:43:40 PM
I'd like to have a drawing that just has a list of all the drawings in the project. A table seems to be a good bet or linking a spreadsheet.

Is there a way to access the Drawing Name as well as the summary information and place it in a database/table?

Any suggestions as to how to go?
I have 16.2 Pro

Thanx,
Ed
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:26:49 AM by edbardet »

2020 platinum

* February 05, 2010, 06:17:07 AM
I would love to know if this could be done too.  Maybe at least the ability to print out the X-Ref Manager with the filenames, path, name and such.

Cameron Blair

* February 07, 2010, 08:36:23 AM
Coaster Guy-

Either no one has a large project or they want to keep the secret.  ;) I've experimented with both tables and database. Still need the data. By the time I get done with patterns I envision 300 + sheets.

I think I am going to end up re-entering the data and linking an open office spreadsheet.

By the way - I've looked for an X-Ref Manager and cannot find a mention in the help document. Any help?

Ed

2020 platinum

* February 07, 2010, 03:44:59 PM
re: I've looked for an X-Ref Manager and cannot find a mention in the Help document. Any help?

In V16 Help, it's referred to as an "External References Panel".

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* February 09, 2010, 10:57:34 AM
Thanks All,

I put in a support ticket and got a reply - they don't know of any way to get the information.
I'm just going to use a table and add relationship to my Title Block. Should work OK.

Ed

2020 platinum