TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Capturing Drawing Data
Read 2325 times
* February 04, 2010, 01:43:40 PM
I'd like to have a drawing that just has a list of all the drawings in the project. A table seems to be a good bet or linking a spreadsheet.

Is there a way to access the Drawing Name as well as the summary information and place it in a database/table?

Any suggestions as to how to go?
I have 16.2 Pro

Thanx,
Ed
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:26:49 AM by edbardet »

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* February 05, 2010, 06:17:07 AM
I would love to know if this could be done too.  Maybe at least the ability to print out the X-Ref Manager with the filenames, path, name and such.

Cameron Blair

* February 07, 2010, 08:36:23 AM
Coaster Guy-

Either no one has a large project or they want to keep the secret.  ;) I've experimented with both tables and database. Still need the data. By the time I get done with patterns I envision 300 + sheets.

I think I am going to end up re-entering the data and linking an open office spreadsheet.

By the way - I've looked for an X-Ref Manager and cannot find a mention in the help document. Any help?

Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* February 07, 2010, 03:44:59 PM
re: I've looked for an X-Ref Manager and cannot find a mention in the Help document. Any help?

In V16 Help, it's referred to as an "External References Panel".

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* February 09, 2010, 10:57:34 AM
Thanks All,

I put in a support ticket and got a reply - they don't know of any way to get the information.
I'm just going to use a table and add relationship to my Title Block. Should work OK.

Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum