TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Enlarging part of a drawing
Read 1328 times
* February 15, 2013, 04:12:17 AM
Hi Folks.

I have drawn some components for a model steam locomotive in 1/32nd scale.  These parts, drawn full size, are quite small.  I wish to produce a copy of the parts, but enlarged to twice full-size (magnified effect).  If I select the component, copy and paste it to a another part of the drawing, so far so good.  However, if I then select all the entities of the part, and use the scaling boxes on the editing bar (changing the scale values from 1 to 2, some entities are enlarged, but some remain the same size - eg the x distance may increase, whilst the Y values remain the same.  I stress, that this only happens to 'some' entities, not all of them.

The second problem is that the associated dimensions are also doubled in size, when in fact I wish them to remain the original value. 

How can I achieve an enlargement of a part of a drawing with the correct dimensions?

Keith

February 15, 2013, 04:32:08 AM
Hi Keith

If you have objects that you have applied a "Thickness" too then this is locked in there properties....Explode once removes this lock...

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* February 15, 2013, 04:47:23 AM
Changing the scale of a part to something other than full scale is a bad idea.

Two things you can do.

1. If printing from Model Space... rather then change the size of your part... try changing the print scale to 2:1 or 4:1... etc., when you print. This won't effect  the dimension readings... although the text, leaders, and such may appear rather large when printed... which is an easy fix.

2. If printing from Paper Space... use viewports and adjust the viewport to show the part at the size you want.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64