TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Problems saving as PDF file
Read 4459 times
* January 27, 2010, 05:33:15 PM
Hi,

I have Turbocad 15.2 Deluxe. Currently I'm creating a poster with dimensions 38 in. x 46 in. The poster contains several bitmap images. I was able to save it as a PDF the first time with only part of the bitmap images. When the poster is complete with all bitmap images in place, I get a "unable to save, unknown error" message. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks

January 27, 2010, 05:36:10 PM
The Save As PDF function leaves a lot to be desired, as you are now discovering.

Get one of the free PDF Printer Drivers available on the web (I use CutePDF, although it is limited in size for color output). 

Many others here use PDF995.

Once installed, simply select the PDF printer driver as if it were any physical printer.  You may want to set the default size and orientation first.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* January 29, 2010, 04:31:28 AM
I have TC 14.2.  I downloaded PDF 995 and the associated driver, installed both, and then tried printing a PDF in both ANSI C & D size.  Although the end result is much better than "Save As PDF" from TC, the PDF created from PDF 995 is not an exceptionally sharp file.  Since your initial posting, have you found any other means for achieving a really sharp PDF from inside TC?

* January 29, 2010, 06:26:33 AM
I have TC 14.2.  I downloaded PDF 995 and the associated driver, installed both, and then tried printing a PDF in both ANSI C & D size.  Although the end result is much better than "Save As PDF" from TC, the PDF created from PDF 995 is not an exceptionally sharp file.  Since your initial posting, have you found any other means for achieving a really sharp PDF from inside TC?
I ditched PDF995 in favour of PrimoPDF; it's free and gives very good results. No nagware either.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* January 29, 2010, 08:17:48 AM
"I ditched PDF995 in favour of PrimoPDF; it's free and gives very good results. No nagware either."

I had some good success over the course of the years with Doro PDF printer.No nagware or crashes or any issues at all.It justs keeps on going .

http://download.cnet.com/Doro-PDF-Printer/3000-2116_4-10578740.html

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:48:32 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

January 30, 2010, 08:11:10 AM
Hello enthusiast! Saving as PDF is absolutely trash! And this is not enough- latest TCpro is still unable print on The ADOBE ACROBAT 9  virtual printer on A1 or A0 formats, you only achieve 2/3 of drawings. ! We often hear from technical support- this issue would be corrected in next version.  Why we must pay for incorrect product? Lets correct things first and then name the next TC version
"PROBLEMFREE AND WORKING TURBOCAD NR.1"

February 01, 2010, 04:28:50 AM
Hello Hero, it seems you are happy man!
Printed pdf. file size is 225MB, by this reason I upload only screenshot. This kind partial printing on A1-A0 is problem with great history. I had discussed with all parties of process- ADOBE, DELL, IMSI- result: nowbody knows, everybody was half of way up on tree... then things happens. Like novices assembly. Maybe my 7 grands Dell is trash or maybe  I'm ham-handed although I use TC from version 2 (TWO), but the problem exist.

[attachment deleted by admin]

February 01, 2010, 05:54:27 AM
To proof previously described problem here is sample of successful printing on A2 format on Adobe Acrobat 9 virtual printer. Really nice result and safe process!! But this kind  safety is required for A_1 and A_0 format. Dear developers, don't misunderstand, We pay for this. With every upgrade you sell trust to us! And dear colleges, don't recommend use XXX virtual printers. I bought my "car" and I don't must need any more "rollers" for successful carriage

February 01, 2010, 08:16:27 AM
The same job printed on A_1 format, the pdf file size 84 372 KB, for illustration please see screeshot.

* February 04, 2010, 04:46:35 AM
I have been using PdfCreator for years (free download) to "print" TC drawings to pdf and have found it works better and faster than pay for pdf printers, in particular with large format and drawings that contain large color air photos (it does appear to be limited to 5 ft wide).  There are some issues with Vista where you may have to turn off user account control, which tries to block folder access and hangs up printing.