TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Forum Access Problem?
Read 1595 times
* April 18, 2018, 02:07:05 PM
For some reason, this Forum has suddenly started raising a strange browser-testing routine (it tells me) before opening its home screen. Not seen it before. It's happened only today.

Also submitted a short item to "Tips & Tricks" on how I'd produced an alphabetical index to the on-line manual, to complement an edited 'Word' version of the Contents list. Printed, these greatly help me search the manual, itself still all on-line.  That submission, posted this afternoon, failed to appear, so thinking I must have exceeded the logged-on time, I have just tried again. No luck.

Anyone know what might be going wrong? Or if there's any connection between two these weird problems?

Nigel.

On TC Deluxe 19: hobby use.

* April 18, 2018, 05:15:52 PM
I'm having the same experience when accessing the Forum. Very annoying. Don't understand it and don't know if it's related to your other problem.

Henry H

* April 18, 2018, 05:48:42 PM
They might be trying some alternative to the captcha thing.

* April 18, 2018, 05:51:20 PM
I have the same issue too, and for sure, dang annoing, guess it's some kind of security protection system.
But still VERY annoing.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* April 18, 2018, 06:56:44 PM
Doesn't happen if I log in again soon enough after closing down. Don't know what the magic interval is.

Henry H

April 18, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
I can't access via Google Chrome at all, just stays stuck on the just a moment page. I hope this is just a temporary glitch and not a sign of the times.

* April 18, 2018, 08:08:47 PM
I guess the new owners got tired of all the spammers and bots hitting their forums and slowing things down.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* April 18, 2018, 09:33:08 PM
I guess the new owners got tired of all the spammers and bots hitting their forums and slowing things down.

Who are the new owners??

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* April 19, 2018, 12:46:49 AM
This browser thing doesn't seem to affect the Captcha control, which is becoming increasingly long-winded and annoying. Why should it be necessary to tick squares in more than one picture? The other evening I think it came round about 5 or 6 times, even though I had ticked all the right squares in each!

This new test though seems unique, so far at least. I have not seen it or any comparable, alleged browser-test,  on any other web-site.

Nigel.

* April 19, 2018, 07:04:52 AM
It says that it's "DDoS protection software provided by Cloudflare".  DDoS works by bombarding servers with sheer weight of numbers of requests that outstrip the server's ability to handle them.   Just as physical security searches at airports, sports, entertainment and political venues usually reduce the number of entry points and slow the throughflow of entrants, DDoS  protection SW throttles server access.  I don't know who TC's new owners are, or if TC has new owners, what other internet assets they have, or whether those might be vulnerable to denial of service through the TC forum server, but I have seen it before.  This Cloudflare outfit might even be the new owners, touting their wares through this server rigmarole.  Although, if you check their site, it proudly declares that it makes your *insert entrepreneurial-sounding internet jargon and acronym soup here* "faster and safer".  If this is "faster",  I wonder how their definition of "safer" is qualified? 

April 19, 2018, 07:35:08 AM
It is owned by a group in Pakistan, although they still have the office In CA and Bob Mayer is still CEO last I heard. But much is administered by the folks in India as has been seen by the Indian names on the forum over the last year(?).

www.imsitechnologies.com/

* April 19, 2018, 07:48:06 AM
Not sure |'d trust it as far as I can throw it, but if a web-site buys this highly-hyped software there's nothing we as the site's users, can do about it.

MIT reckons, "We were excited to see immediate performance improvements." What in, I wonder?

Surely a prestigious institution like MIT would have the expertise to make its own exciting performance improvements, but that is what Cloudflare's front page quotes from one of MIT's directors .  Perish the thoughts that it inspired in me....

However, I now doubt it was CF's tinkering that was behind my being unable to post to the "Tips & Tricks" section, because the Forum still lets me post here. So that questions remains to be answered.

Nigel.

* April 19, 2018, 01:03:25 PM

Who are the new owners??

I see it as Zunair and the rest of the people from Lahore, Pakistan. They came in mid-last year and seemed to have replaced everyone in Novato.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

April 19, 2018, 02:54:14 PM
Can't the forum administrators discuss this issue and see if there is a fix? Surely something is malfunctioning to keep getting this just a moment BS.

* April 19, 2018, 04:38:43 PM
Can't the forum administrators discuss this issue and see if there is a fix? Surely something is malfunctioning to keep getting this just a moment BS.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it to Zunair, but I just sent him a PM pointing him to this thread, as far as I know Zunair is the only person who deals with the forum software.

April 19, 2018, 05:52:35 PM

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it to Zunair, but I just sent him a PM pointing him to this thread, as far as I know Zunair is the only person who deals with the forum software.

Thanks Andy!

* April 21, 2018, 08:01:45 AM
It's changed its behaviour a bit. I logged in, with some difficulty as if it could not read my password, without invoking Cloudf++t; but it appeared when I submitted a post.

Nigel.

April 21, 2018, 08:22:21 AM

Seemed like it was good for a while but again it is having the same issues. I can't access at all via Google Chrome.

* April 21, 2018, 09:23:42 AM
I use Chrome and it works fine for me, a few second delay is all.

* April 21, 2018, 10:57:47 AM
Seemed like it was good for a while but again it is having the same issues. I can't access at all via Google Chrome.

May be a setting on your browser, here is what The Cloudfare help site says about the DDos.

"I'm Under Attack" will add additional protections to a site that is under attack and needs DDoS protection and mitigation. If you're under attack and have this feature enabled during the attack, visitors will receive an interstitial page for about five seconds while we analyze the traffic to make sure it is a legitimate human visitor.

Note: Visitors to the site must have JavaScript and Cookies enabled to pass the interstitial page.

To enable I'm Under Attack mode, see How do I enable I'm Under Attack mode.

Why am I getting a "Checking your Browser before accessing" message before entering a site on Cloudflare?

The "Checking your browser before accessing example.com" page occurs when the site owner has turned on this I'm Under Attack Mode setting. The page will generally go away and grant you access to the site after 5 seconds.

Note: You will need to have both JavaScript and Cookies turned on in your browser to pass the check. The check is in place to make sure that you are not part of a botnet.

Andy

April 21, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

May be a setting on your browser, here is what The Cloudfare help site says about the DDos.

"I'm Under Attack" will add additional protections to a site that is under attack and needs DDoS protection and mitigation. If you're under attack and have this feature enabled during the attack, visitors will receive an interstitial page for about five seconds while we analyze the traffic to make sure it is a legitimate human visitor.

Note: Visitors to the site must have JavaScript and Cookies enabled to pass the interstitial page.

To enable I'm Under Attack mode, see How do I enable I'm Under Attack mode.

Why am I getting a "Checking your Browser before accessing" message before entering a site on Cloudflare?

The "Checking your browser before accessing example.com" page occurs when the site owner has turned on this I'm Under Attack Mode setting. The page will generally go away and grant you access to the site after 5 seconds.

Note: You will need to have both JavaScript and Cookies turned on in your browser to pass the check. The check is in place to make sure that you are not part of a botnet.

Andy

I have both enabled and I still can't get past the just a moment page. This is the only website I can't access with Google Chrome so I have to assume it is a TurboCAD.com issue.