TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Help with Luminations
Read 1456 times
March 19, 2018, 04:53:15 PM
Hello its me again :)

A customer wanted an LED Housing designing for a PCB mount.
I have made the design but i wanted to show it in place and wanted the LED lights to shine through.
As you will see from the attached screen shot, I have made the housing to be Glass and then colored the LED's as needed. I would love it that when i lower the housing over the LED's their different colors will shine through the top :) Using Deluxe 2017

I hope that makes sense?

James B

Using Plat Pro 2018
Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620
But still slow :(

* March 19, 2018, 09:32:12 PM
James download and what Don Cheke's video " TurboCAD Lightworks Interior Lighting DBC.mp4 "
This video will explain most of what you need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foK5lCWtg-A

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

March 20, 2018, 08:16:39 AM
Thank you i will watch it :)

Using Plat Pro 2018
Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620

* March 20, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
Hello its me again :)

A customer wanted an LED Housing designing for a PCB mount.
I have made the design but i wanted to show it in place and wanted the LED lights to shine through.
As you will see from the attached screen shot, I have made the housing to be Glass and then colored the LED's as needed. I would love it that when i lower the housing over the LED's their different colors will shine through the top :) Using Deluxe 2017

I hope that makes sense?

James B

James, I don't quite understand what you mean by, "shine through the top." Do you want them to illuminate something outside of the housing, or to partially illuminate the top itself, or ...?

Henry H

March 20, 2018, 09:32:26 AM
Darryl, I watched the Video but it uses Platinum Pro and I am using deluxe so I don't have 90% of the option he showed :(

Henry, sorry didn't make myself clear, so the top "Glass" piece will move down to cover the "LED's". I wanted to have the top each piece of the "Glass" top glow a different color. kinda like the attached image I stole :)

I am guessing that I would just place a small thin box just under the glass top and then change the color to the desired color but how do i make it shine ??

James B

Using Plat Pro 2018
Windows 10 - 64-bit
Nvidia K620

* March 20, 2018, 10:57:30 AM
Darryl, I watched the Video but it uses Platinum Pro and I am using deluxe so I don't have 90% of the option he showed :(

Henry, sorry didn't make myself clear, so the top "Glass" piece will move down to cover the "LED's". I wanted to have the top each piece of the "Glass" top glow a different color. kinda like the attached image I stole :)

I am guessing that I would just place a small thin box just under the glass top and then change the color to the desired color but how do i make it shine ??

James B

That'll work -- in a Lightworks render, anyway; I can't speak for Redsdk. In Lightworks, you can create a new material for each of those thin boxes, using "Plain" Pattern of the desired color and "Constant" Reflectance.

Henry H

* March 21, 2018, 10:48:12 AM
"but how do i make it shine ??

Well I am not quite sure what you're looking for but there are a few ways to do this in Deluxe using either LightWorks or Redsdk.

:) I think it was one of Henry's many suggestions/Hints using Lightworks.

"Lit appearance" reflectance shader.
"Area Luminance"

Redsdk is similar, you can assign a image as a light texture.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.