TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Help requested - Cannot get Flange tool to work
Read 1763 times
* December 04, 2017, 06:38:12 AM
I am new to Turbocad and I am currently very frustrated. I am using Turbocad 2016 platinum with all the current updates 32 bit edition on a windows 8.1 pro workstation.  When using a box tool to draw a sheet of 1.6mm thickness and then select the flange tool I can select the upper surface of the box but fail to select and or highlight any of the box edges so the flange tool fails.

I have watched and tried the same process as per utube demo but things do not work for me.

What am I doing wrong or is there an selection tool setup that I have failed to initialize?

Any help with a work through would be very much appreciated...

Kindest regards, Taylon

* December 04, 2017, 11:10:46 AM
Is the Flange page in the Help of any use? The only difference from the Help is that the selected face turns a medium goldenrod color, then I can select an edge (which is highlighted in red).

Where is the video located on YouTube?

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 04, 2017, 12:22:36 PM
Hello John R.

The help page has been found to no help but thanks for the suggestion.  The face on the solid box does in fact turn golden brown when selected but when trying to select an edge (linear edge), one of all edges refuse to select to become highlighted.  That is the real source of the issues/problem here.

I cannot remember the url for the flange utube video but as as I remember just follows that of help file procedure.  I have the same issue with the bend sheet tool as well.  No edges can be selected on the solid box drawn to represent the sheet.  I cannot do the same as illustrated in the Bend sheet utube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0CGzDI2q9w.

Really in need of some help.

Kindest regards, Taylon

* December 04, 2017, 01:16:40 PM
Turn off Perspective (View>Camera>Properties>Camera).

Henry H
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:29:17 PM by Henry Hubich »

* December 05, 2017, 06:41:45 AM
Dear Henry,

Thank you for your suggestion but on checking the perspective option on camera properties is already set to off.  Thus, no change here.  I believe the issue is something to do with the selection tools/options or there is some cfg corruption.

Still looking for further help.

Kindest regards, Taylon

* December 05, 2017, 09:04:57 AM
Dear Henry,

Thank you for your suggestion but on checking the perspective option on camera properties is already set to off.  Thus, no change here.  I believe the issue is something to do with the selection tools/options or there is some cfg corruption.

Still looking for further help.

Kindest regards, Taylon

When I opened your drawing, Perspective was ON and I had the same problem with the Flange tool as you: I could select a face but not an edge. I turned Perspective OFF and the Flange tool then worked correctly.

Henry H

* December 05, 2017, 03:26:18 PM
I got the same as Henry. When I opened your drawing and went to Camera Properties (Ctrl+Alt+C), Perspective was checkmarked. With it unchecked, then the Flange Sheet tool would work.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 07, 2017, 05:59:58 AM
Dear Henry & John R.

Thank you for both trying and confirming your findings.  I have now activated the selection toolbar and reset the default options and that seems to have cured the issue.  On further investigation, this seems to have reset the perspective camera options too.

I cannot see why the perspective camera options should have any influence on the selection toosl working correctly.  Please explain or is this program bug that needs attention?

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Kindest regards, Taylon

* December 07, 2017, 08:21:12 AM
Dear Henry & John R.

Thank you for both trying and confirming your findings.  I have now activated the selection toolbar and reset the default options and that seems to have cured the issue.  On further investigation, this seems to have reset the perspective camera options too.

I cannot see why the perspective camera options should have any influence on the selection toosl working correctly.  Please explain or is this program bug that needs attention?

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Kindest regards, Taylon

That's just one of TCad's lovable little quirks, Taylon.

Henry H