TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Walls and disappearing windows
Read 1467 times
* January 21, 2010, 04:34:24 AM
I've got a compound wall on which I placed a glider french window and a meter or so away,  a single casement french window.  Both show up on model space in HL render and quality render. 
But after dragging a view around it and placing a viewport in paperspace, the glider renders but the single casement vanishes !  On rendering the VP with quality, and hidden lines, the lines of the window appear but not the render image, just a blank wall !  In wireframe it reappears.  I've tried replacing it with another, and the first render it reappears but the next render it disappears.
Why is this does anyone know? And how to get the window rendered?

User since TC3 in France
Saint Helier, capital of Jersey
Monk in the 4th century AD

* January 21, 2010, 02:25:08 PM
Are the Windows from the Window tool or are they Blocks dragged-n-dropped into the Wall?

I sometimes run into problems using the drag-n-drop method and use the "Opening" tool instead.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* January 22, 2010, 06:11:06 AM
Thanks John, its the window tool, not a block. Although there are blocks on the plan, inserted as skylights, and other single casement windows which perform correctly.

User since TC3 in France
Saint Helier, capital of Jersey
Monk in the 4th century AD

* January 22, 2010, 09:16:16 AM
Without seeing the drawing, the only thing that comes to mind is to check if there is a second wall within the wall. If there is interference, TurboCAD will normally let you know by placing an X in the wall when in Plan View.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit