TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Aligning an object with an angled line (v11.2)
Read 3059 times
* May 28, 2009, 04:18:27 PM
Hmmm---not been on for a bit-hope I'm in the right forum ???

Right--senior moment-knew how to do it-but lost it!!

-Rectangle
-Line at (say) 40 degrees
-select rectangle|D|place on bottom l/h vertex
-pick up & snap to end of l/h end of line
-then adjust angle of rectangle using the "green bit" until "good enough by sight"
--BUT--
--is there a way of "snapping" with accuracy??

Thanks

* May 28, 2009, 05:19:34 PM
Can't you just snap the "green bit" to the other end of the line?

* May 28, 2009, 05:32:19 PM
Thanks for reply

The "green bit" is the "thing" (forgot its name )  that you adjust the rotation angle with--and the other end of the line is longer than the rectangle

(obviously I'm simplifying my question---in practice-I have a glasshouse drawn at standard screen ortho-but need to align it on the block/site plan which is 40 degrees-ish  (say) off set to horizontal

I know this was discussed a couple( or more)  years back-but can't get onto the old forums to do a "search" ??

* May 28, 2009, 08:04:55 PM
Yup. First, in the Inspector Bar's Selector 3D Properties, enable "Link Selector Shell with Rotation Bar"; set both Extents CS and Coordinate System to "User CS." Select the rectangle, press "D" on the keyboard to tell Genie you want to relocate the Reference Point (the yellow bit), and Vertex-snap it to the left-hand end of the line you intend to make horizontal. While the rectangle is still selected, press and hold the Ctrl key and pick up the green "X" Rotation handle. Release the Ctrl key and Vertex-snap the rotation handle to the right-hand end of that same line. At this point, the Rot Z field of the Inspector Bar should display the angle of this line with respect to horizontal. Highlight the field; type a zero therein; press Enter. That oughta do it.

Henry H

* May 28, 2009, 11:07:01 PM
You could also select all of the greenhouse components that you want to move and format|group, then use one of the modify|assemble tools such as edge and point or three points (you can finish with two, three's not compulsory, and the second can just be aimed at nearest on the line).  Format|explode to ungroup.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:11:10 PM by murray dickinson »