TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

I want my money back
Read 2806 times
* January 01, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
I have been a cad user starting in 1992 with Autocad. I have used many different cad programs including Designcad for many years. I thought I would be taking a step u to pay twice as much for Turbocad because the talked of so many features. What I have found is that many of those "features" are not connected. They are in the menu but are not functional. A simple function like chamfering an edge, which is point-and-shoot for Designcad does nothing in Turbocad. What is your intention? Do you think that I would be so impressed with the long list of functions that I wouldn't notice they don't work. It makes me not want anything to do with ISIS.

* January 01, 2017, 03:34:09 PM
Relax and take a little time to come to terms with the way TCad works. For example, chamfering an edge of a 3D object works just fine -- provided that the object is a Solid and not a TC Surface or a Group or a Block.

Henry H

* January 02, 2017, 10:19:52 AM
Easy for you to say. I create a drawing in Turbocad with nothing but a 3D solid box and chamfer does nothing. I cannot even copy and paste. I am running TurboCAD 2015, version 22.1 Deluxe 32 Bit on Windows XP. I have the same problem with 2016 with Windows 10. Obviously I am doing something wrong but the help is no help. It says that chamfering must be done by creating a surface on an angle and subtracting in Deluxe. If it is a simple task in DesignCAD why can't it be done in Deluxe? It looks like a case of forced upgrade.

* January 02, 2017, 10:34:35 AM
Easy for you to say. I create a drawing in Turbocad with nothing but a 3D solid box and chamfer does nothing. I cannot even copy and paste. I am running TurboCAD 2015, version 22.1 Deluxe 32 Bit on Windows XP. I have the same problem with 2016 with Windows 10. Obviously I am doing something wrong but the help is no help. It says that chamfering must be done by creating a surface on an angle and subtracting in Deluxe. If it is a simple task in DesignCAD why can't it be done in Deluxe? It looks like a case of forced upgrade.

Didn't realize you were using Deluxe, which is incapable of creating "Solids." That's why chamfering won't work. IMO you'd be better off if you can find an older Pro version for a good price, because I feel strongly that almost any Pro version is superior to even the latest Deluxe.

Henry H

* January 02, 2017, 10:58:54 AM
I feel hat DesignCAD is superior to Deluxe at half the price.

January 03, 2017, 03:07:32 AM
The pro version does it well in most drafting disciplines. Go get your money back then.  But if you approach this forum a bit less fired up you will get heaps of help. The forum help here is excellent once you settle on the right tool fo the job.

Regarda
Brett

FerrariDrafting (Find me on Facebook)
Australia
V16 deluxe
v17 plat
v19 plat
V20 Plat
V21 Plat
TC2016 plat

* January 03, 2017, 05:14:55 AM

Bill,
I totally understand being a Design Cad user for many years.I agree with Henry if you're looking for more drawing aids.
Deluxe doesn't have a 3D chamfer or Fillet tool. You can chamfer and Fillet in 2D only.In Deluxe you can use the basic 3D tools, sweeps,Booleans,Revolve to accomplish many design tasks.  It's more of an old school approach and with a little practice you can accomplish things almost  ;D as quick as using an "automatic" tool.
Are you looking to do simple objects like in the attached image?
That was done in Deluxe 2016 32 bit,Lightworks.
As for your copy and paste problem I think that's a windows 10 issue.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* January 23, 2017, 06:27:58 AM
TURBOCAD is an excellent software once you learn how to use it and its function . But you have to have the right version for what you are doing you need 3d for 3d printing. So the version you are using is not capable of working for your usage. When you have the right 3d capable version you will be more than satisfied with it believe me!! And especially for 3d printing!!!!!! If you would have asked  and told them what  you would be using it for they  for they would have advised you what software version would work best for you. Don't blame Turbocad because you purchased the wrong version software for your usage.

January 30, 2017, 12:58:55 PM
I cannot even copy and paste.

This is an annoyance to me, too.  But the solution is simple: Be in Wireframe mode to Copy and Paste (especially between two different files).

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1