TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

"Offset"command cannot be selected
Read 1956 times
* November 11, 2016, 08:06:25 AM
I am using 2015 Pro.
Having selected for example a line the offset button remains greyed out on all relevant tool bars.

* November 11, 2016, 08:18:45 AM
"Offset" seems not to be available except in Wireframe mode, and sometimes not even then in my installation. It comes back to life if I switch back-and-forth several times between Wireframe and Hidden Line modes.

...But if you want to "offset" a straight line, the Parallel Line tool might be better.

Henry H

* November 11, 2016, 08:57:18 AM
Thanks Henry.
In my instance the Graphic on Path icon (whatever that does), which is next to the Offset icon on my RH drop down (or more accurately drop sideways) menu, appears to be permanently selected.  It remains in full colour whether I have selected an item to offset or not.

* November 11, 2016, 10:18:24 AM
Can it be that you are in HL rendermode and have "Non Rendable" checked in your HL rendermode, then it will be very easy to believe you are in wireframe, but actually are in HL and the offset tool will not work/ is greyed out.

I am not sure, but i think to remember that TC is like this by default, in case i remember correct, that is stupid of devolpment :):)
Yeah, just check it, if i open a New drawing with factory settings, HL have it checked, so it is stupid.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 11, 2016, 01:19:55 PM
Thanks Henry.
In my instance the Graphic on Path icon (whatever that does), which is next to the Offset icon on my RH drop down (or more accurately drop sideways) menu, appears to be permanently selected.  It remains in full colour whether I have selected an item to offset or not.

I think that simply means that the tool can be used, not that it has been selected for use.

Henry H

* November 12, 2016, 08:28:24 AM
What is it that you are trying to offset? It could be that the object is not available for offset. As I recall, offset works only on 2D objects. If there isn't any object that can be offset, then the tool will be unavailable.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

* November 15, 2016, 08:45:34 AM
Thanks for your suggestions, but Henry's solution that offset is only available in wireframe, but not in hidden lines, seems to have solved my problem.

* May 30, 2019, 07:06:35 PM
My "offset" would not work either. However, when I went to "wireframe" it would activate, before it was grayed out. However, now I can highlight "offset" and highlight the graphic (a 2-d circle)(it circle turns left) I can see the "offset distance" in the window. However, when I put an offset distance in the box nothing happens. I've tried several times, but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Thanks! CM

* May 30, 2019, 07:10:36 PM
My "offset" would not work either. However, when I went to "wireframe" it did activate, before going to wire frame it was just grayed out. Now, I can highlight "offset" and then highlight the graphic (a 2-d circle)(the circle turns RED, indicating it is highlighted. I can see the "offset distance" in the window, but when I put an offset distance in the box, nothing happens. I've tried several times, but nothing ever happens. Any suggestions?
(I re-wrote this for clarification)
Thanks! CM

* May 30, 2019, 08:15:37 PM
My "offset" would not work either. However, when I went to "wireframe" it did activate, before going to wire frame it was just grayed out. Now, I can highlight "offset" and then highlight the graphic (a 2-d circle)(the circle turns RED, indicating it is highlighted. I can see the "offset distance" in the window, but when I put an offset distance in the box, nothing happens. I've tried several times, but nothing ever happens. Any suggestions?
(I re-wrote this for clarification)
Thanks! CM

After you input an "Offset Distance", did you click inside or outside the circle? The Status Bar (bottom left) should say "Specify point on side to offset".

Offset
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:18:44 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* May 31, 2019, 02:58:33 AM
And how many "sets" do you use, it should be minimum 2

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19