TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Can I design and 3D Print solid objects with TurboCAD Deluxe
Read 1967 times
* September 25, 2016, 12:30:50 PM
Hello- I need to design and print small plastic covers for a work project. Will TurboCAD Deluxe allow me to design and print these? I read somewhere that it only allows one to design "surfaces".  Do I need to order Professional or Platinum?

Thanks.
DanB

* October 03, 2016, 05:33:08 AM
I too am groping my way towards 3D printing and I understand that running your file through Slicing Software may give you the answer.  TC is sold as being 3D printing friendly.

* October 03, 2016, 06:20:15 AM
Hi ya,

I'm a little surprised that no response has been forthcoming from someone who has done this with TC Deluxe. Perhaps the non-commerical 3D print crowd tend to favor freeware CAD. I haven't worked it fully through with TC but I did run up a very simple model in TC Deluxe and saved it as an STL and ran it through the Cura slicer. That seemed to work fine. I would suggest downloading to TC Deluxe trial version and going through a simple design to see what you get. That way you'll be able to see what works and what does not before you purchase.

Thx
D

TurboCAD 2016 Deluxe 32 and 64 bit
Win 10 64 bit

October 03, 2016, 11:50:50 AM
I have modeled a lot in Creo and then saved as stl. I have a 3d printer and use Cura slicer-its free. It opens the stl files just fine and creates the slices files quite easily. As I am just learning TurboCad and have the Pro version, I know it saves as stl and igs files that most slicers need to use. Deluxe can save as stl files also just not igs so you should be good to go. Stl files work fine, they are just facet files instead of solids as igs. Hope this helps and if you need more, just ask and I will try to help.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:07:30 PM by pt48653 »

Don Pillow
TurboCad Platinum Pro 2016, 2017, BobCad 30-4 Axis, ArtCam, AutoDesk Fusion and Inventor,  Affinity Designer, VariCad 2017, Sketchup 2017, Rhinoceros V5
HMSAdviser  and Predator CNC Editor
+ a lot of Photo Editing and Astronomy Software
www.dp-designs.biz